Ch 23 : Unseen: Who Becomes the Emperor(8)

People in the UWBE knew the power Xiao Mei held in completing tasks. They had seen that she was excellent at completing tasks and had never entered elimination round. The only task in which she was not able to win was the first week's pre elimination task for three elimination free pass but even then, she was the one who was going to win if not for her slight carelessness.

Huo Chen had been a great task do-er too. He had been in spotlight in every task that he did, whether he was winning or not. Unlike Beatrice he was still well liked by others even now. 

So when the two entered the tent no.1 and 2 respectively, the rest needed to decide who they would choose to be with.

Despite being well liked by people and being good at tasks, most people wanted to be in Xiao Mei's team during this latest task. Feng Qingyi and Ming Shiji who had been in her team before knew the advantage of being in her team wanted to join but had unfortunately been too late to do so.

Gu Yueluo's hatred had gone beyond repair and he could not stand seeing her. There was no way he was going to join her. 

In the end the two teams stood facing each other, looking at the falling coin on the ground seriously.

It was 'heads'. Ji Jiuran who was responsible for selecting for their group won. It was the best out of the 3 and all were won by him.

"We choose to throw balls first. Team 2 can do the balancing books task first." stated Ji jiuran after winning the toss.

'I did not think he could win. it was all luck after all. I never knew he was so good!'

[He is good at gambling too.]

'Gambling? Like he goes to proper Casinos?'

[Yes.]

'Wooooooow.'

Beatrice looked at Ji Jiuran with twinkle in her eyes. I am going to learn gambling from him and make a lot of money. HEHEHEHE

Chills ran down Jiuran's spine. It is summer, why is he feeling cold?

**********

Team 2 who would be balancing the books on their head had formed the arrangement with their opening player as Feng Qingyi. Then Huo Chen, Gu Yueluo and Ming Shiji.

The alarm blared and the match started. Feng Qingyi was having a good start and did not face any balls thrown at her. Not minding the anomaly, she concentrated on her task and gathered all the 10 books on her head without making anything fall.

Little did she know that Beatrice prepared a special gift for her. Patting Jia Xinya's back, she gave the signal. Just as Feng Qingyi kept the books on the head of Huo Chen, the ball hit her. The force was no joke and even Huo Chen fell down under the pressure of books tumbling down on him.

"Sorry!" was shouted by team 1 but they did not stop their plans. It was just a way to stop themselves from feeling guilty.

Huo Chen got up first and helped Feng Qingyi up as well. He prepared himself for the oncoming hits on him, and moved forward collecting 4 books with 6 hits on his way. The books not only fell because of the ball but also because he could not balance the books properly.

Gu Yueluo who was next outperformed Huo Chen. Several balls hit him but he did not let go of even a single book and collected 14 books. the amount almost exceeded his arm length.

Ming Shiji had observed the stance Gu Yueluo had followed and did his best. Ji Jiuran had only able to make him loose two books and Beatrice took his last ball instead and aimed directly at the books. In the end 9 books were delivered to the finishing line.