Whiskey In The Jar

The crowd in the bar applauded when the song finished. Granted, there were only around twenty people, counting the bartender. But for Seraphine, it was one of her biggest crowds so far. She was grateful. But honestly, it didn't matter how large or small it was, just as long as two were there.

Y/N and Jinx were her first friends when she arrived in town. They always tried to show up and support her. Like tonight, where she saw them in their usual spot: second row of bar tables.

"Thanks again, everyone," Seraphine spoke into the microphone as she tuned her guitar, "for coming out tonight! Whether you're here for a drink, or for the show, it's great to see you all!"

"You fuckin' rock, Sera!" Jinx yelled. Y/N was more quiet, throwing up horns before putting down his phone.

Seraphine choked back a laugh. "Uh, t-thanks! So, for this next one...."

Y/N took a sip of his beer before he saved something on his phone. Over the last few months, Seraphine asked him to record one song she performs and send it to her after. Then, she'd post the video online and get her name out there. Granted, each one so far was a cover, but Seraphine had yet to write her own songs.

"'Ey." Y/N came to when Jinx snapped her fingers in front of his face. "You were spacin' out. Nearly stopped Sera."

Y/N looked up and saw that Jinx was right. Seraphine continued to play, but still glanced their way.

Don't worry about me, Seraphine. You do you. This is your moment.

But don't you want to be up there, too?

....Some day.

You know what's stopping you. Move past it already, coward.

The crowd started to clap again. O-Oh. Sera's set is finished, he thought, joining in.

Jinx noticed Y/N's glass shake when he took another drink. "You good, big guy?" she asked.

He belched with a, "Yyyyep."

Liar, liar. "Alright. Just don't need ya swerving on the drive home," she said, chugging her own drink.

"Don't worry, Jinx. I'll be fine. Ekko still coming by?"

"Far as I know. And 'cause he responded last-"

"Who's buying the pizza!?" Seraphine gushed. She leaned her guitar case against the table and sat next to Y/N.

Y/N finished his beer and said, "Ekko. Last one to respond."

"Ha! Knew I beat him! And, Y/N, you got the video?" Seraphine asked him.