Freaks

5 AM

You've got to be shitting me. On moving day....Guess it's breakfast at Pantheon again.

This was a familiar Friday morning for Y/N: 5 AM wake up. Can't go back to sleep. Get ass out of bed. Shower. Then out to a local diner for breakfast.

A familiar cycle he's quite frankly tired of.

Y/N grabbed his keys from a hook on the wall. Wait, why's the kitchen light on?

"Leaving so soon?"

Y/N jumped in fright. "Geez, Jinx! Give a guy a heart attack." Then, he remembered the hour. "What are you doing up?"

Jinx's folded hands didn't leave her sight. "Bad dream. Couldn't get back to sleep. You?" She looked over at her best friend.

Y/N sighed and said, "No nightmare. Just....wanted to go out for food."

"To Pantheon? Can I come with?" she asked him, her mood lifting a bit.

"Did you want to talk first?"

"Maybe later. Not right now."

"Alright. Then let's go before I eat your plate."

Jinx gave a small smile and walked over. "That is why we're best buds. Let's go, ya freak. I can already taste Atreus's steak," she said, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

Pantheon, 6 AM

"Two early early-bird specials," said the waitress while setting two massive plates of bacon, toast, steak and eggs in front of Y/N and Jinx.

A dish, made just for them. How? They're cool with the owner of the place; have their own booth. Their names were scrawled into the table top.

"Atreus! Looks delicious as always!" Jinx called out.

The head cook looked up in his bronze helmet and flashed a thumbs up. Though, that came off shortly after Y/N showed his disapproval. He hated when Atreus wore that thing. Yeah, looks cool, but practicality? Guy's gotta be roasting in that thing, Y/N thought, eating a forkful of bacon and eggs.

"Okay, that actually feels a lot better," the chef said, setting the helmet down

Told ya, the friends mentally said in unison.

"What brings you both here today? Y/N, I get, but you, Jinx?" Atreus asked from behind the counter.

Jinx paused while lifting her fork. "I'd, rather not say, Atreus," she said before eating a piece of steak.