Chapter 32

TW
-bullying / mentions of violence

Steve's POV

I woke in bed alone. Tony was supposed to come to bed last night. I sighed and ran my hands down my face.

I went to the bathroom to wash up before heading down to the lab. Tony was sitting on the floor, looking up at holograms. He was wearing a greasy T-shirt and black pants.

I entered the lab and he stood up. "Tony, I thought you came to bed last night?" I said leaning on a table, knocking something over. I quickly got up.

"I said I'll be back in the room at 1," he moved next to me and fixed what I messed up, "I came back in the room."

"I meant come back and sleep," I said. His eyes were red and puffy. He was quiet for a while

"But Steve, I-. I created a foundation for abused kids with the Storm's money," he looked down at the grease rag in his hands.

"What else have you been doing? What's on your mind?"

He shrugged and struggled to look me in the eyes. When he finally did, he held my gaze.

"We can't protect him anymore. He's not little and we can't do anything about it."

Peter's POV

School.

I thought getting bullied for being gay was bad. Everybody was pissed about me landing Johnny in jail. Like, beyond pissed.

I ran into the bathroom to avoid it between classes. I was late to my classes every time but I don't care.

When I was dismissed to lunch I immediately ran to the nearest men's restroom. I didn't bring a lunch so I guess I'll just go hungry until I get home.

I sat on the far wall and took out my sketch book. I draw a lot, like my Pops. I drew the first thing that came to my head.

Deadpool.

Wade's suit was cool, not to mention how sexy it looked on him. I drew the white eyes of the mask and little hearts around his head.

Then I started to draw what I wanted my Spider-Man suit to look like. I almost finished it when the door swung open.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here."

"Flash," I mumbled.

Two more guys emerged from behind him, neither of them Wade. 'Where are you, Wade? I need you.' I thought.

Wade had been texting me more since our conversation on the roof. I'm falling for him. Hard. That scares me but not more then the three guys standing in front of me now.

"You put my best friend in prison," he spoke in a deadly tone.

"He deserved it," I said placing my book on the ground and standing up. I tried to stand my ground as the first punch was thrown.

Flash hit me in the stomach so hard it knocked the wind out of me. His boys held me up against the wall by the arms. Flash punched me over and over.

One across the face, several in the stomach, and ended it with a knee to my penis. I groaned in pain and they let me fall to the ground. I was beginning to see stars.

Each boy kicked me one more time before filing out of the bathrooms. I tried to cry for help but nothing came out. My body racked him sobs and things looked blurry.

I saw a tall figure walk through the door next.

"No, please. No more," I whispered.

"Peter?!"