Chapter 16

Steve's POV

I need a shower. I walked into the kitchen to get some water, tired from my evening work out.

Tony was sitting on the bar stool looking at blueprints. Just as I poured my water, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cap, it's Fury. Is Peter around?"

I looked around and Tony raised an eyebrow at me. "Where's Peter?" I whispered holding the phone away from me.

"Doing his homework. Why?"

"Fury wants to talk to him," I shrugged. "Tell him to leave a message," Tony said like Peter couldn't be disturbed.

"No, he's not around," I lied terribly and Tony shook his head.

"Okay well tell him I said Happy Early Birthday. I'm going to be off the grid next week and wanted to make sure I got it in."

My eyes widened and looked Tony. He gave me a confused look back. "Okay, thanks I'll tell him." I said before hanging up.

"What was that about?"

"He was calling to tell Peter Happy Birthday," I looked down at the counter.

"What?! Jarvis when is Peter's birthday?" Tony asked confused.

"Next Friday, Sir."

"I can't believe we almost forgot," I said looking up at Tony.

Tony ran his hand through his sexy brown hair before looking up at me. "Peter probably thinks we'll forget. We have to plan a surprise party,"  he suggested.

"That's a good idea. We could have it here, but who would we invite?"

"I'll handle that." Tony began typing on his tablet. I took another sip of my water and Logan walked in from the elevator.

"Hey buddy. Back so soon?" Tony said still looking down. Logan made a face and I laughed.

"How's Wade?" He asked getting a glass and pouring some water. "He's good," I replied quickly not wanting Tony to say something stupid first.

"I heard Peter's birthday it's coming up," Logan told us.

"Who'd you hear that from?" I wondered. "I heard you guys talking about it coming up the elevator," he responded nonchalantly.

Tony and I looked at each other before looking at Logan. He just shrugged. "Yeah, well it's going to be a surprise party. So don't say anything," I told him. He nodded and dismissed it with the wave of his hand.

----------------
Wade's POV

Surprise Party?

Are we invited?

I hope so.

I walked around the corner after the adults finished talking. "Dad!" I ran to hug my father.

"Hey, son." He smiled hugging me back. "Is Peter still doing homework?" Mr. Steve asked.

"Yes," I replied politely before sitting next to Mr. Stark. "So, Wade. We were thinking of doing a suprise party would you like to help gather up people from school?" He asked me.

I looked over his shoulder at his tablet. It was a virtual picture of the living room with balloons and streamers.

"That's really cool," I pointed to the screen, "and I would love to help."

He smiled "Thanks, don't be too suspicious." I nodded. "Oh, yeah. Stark, I have to talk to you later." My dad said randomly.

Mr. Stark raised an eyebrow towards him before nodding.  I was curious.

What does he have to tell him?

"Is your room clean, Wade?" He asked. "Umm," I thought about all the clothes on my floor. "I'll take that has a no," my dad said standing up.

"Come on, let's go clean it up. Then we can go get ice cream," he suggested. I groaned at the thought of cleaning my room but I could already taste the ice cream.

"Fine," I said reluctantly heading to the elevator. "Have fun. I'm about to tell Peter to do the same thing," Mr. Steve said making his way towards his sons room.

When Dad and I got to my room he laughed. I looked up at him confused.

Why is he laughing?

"This room is a mess," he started walking around. "Yeah, I know." I picked up some clothes and threw them in the basket.

"Wade," he said. I turned around to look at him across the room. "Yes?"

"How do you feel about living somewhere else?"

Oh no.

"Somewhere else like...not here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I found somewhere else. For mutants." He held my gaze.

I like it here.

Me too.

"Do we have to go?" I asked sitting down on my bed. The bed I would be leaving behind. "We're always moving around," I whined.

"I know, son. I know," he looked down. "I'm sorry for that, but this can be our last move. You can even go to school there. Be with mutants kids, just like you. Learn to control your powers," he explained.

No!

No more Peter for us.

Shut up!

"So I'm not going to the same school as my friends anymore?" I tried not to yell at my Dad.

"You can go back for high school. So you can get your diploma," he tried comforting me.

That wasn't good enough.

***A/N***

Wade's moving!! Ahh!!

Poor child but he'll be back for high school. Eh?

Peter's birthday is coming up!

Hahaha. YAYY!

Sorry for the short update. Just wanted to put up something for you guys to read. :D

Comment and vote!

Let me know what you think! ;)

I enjoy writing this story and I hope everybody enjoys reading it!

Follow my insta fanpage
> @everythingmarvel <

Thankss ! !