Waiting in the Wings (Reprise)

Originally, I had a different plot for this. But after doing the "Tired" and "Sing Me to Sleep" one-shot, I decided to have this connect to the plot in some way. Enjoy everyone!

Request by: P4naginip

Song: Waiting in the Wings (Reprise) from the series; Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

Should I do this song again but the original and not the reprise? I'm considering...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kapten Kaizo", a small little green alien greeted from the hologram. "Greetings Komander!" Kaizo greeted him with the signature TAPOPS salute. "I'm afraid I have some bad news..." Koko Ci said solemnly. Kaizo knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "And it relates to your brother." Koko Ci said, wincing a bit as he notice the furry in his eyes.

Was he furious? No. Was he worried? No... He was LIVID. "What happened Komander?" Kaizo asked, trying to mask his unsteady voice right now. "Unfortunately, it pains me to say... your brother attempted to take his own life..."

C r a c k

Kaizo's eyes widened at the revelation, his mouth slightly agape. His minds working an overtime trying to process this. "He was found, but may very well die today.."

T h u d

"Kapten Kaizo!"

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Ahh, your awake", a mechanical voice said from the side. 

Kaizo looked and saw his mentor, Maksmana. "What... what happened to me..." Kaizo said as he held his head. "You fainted in the call with Koko Ci, he called me as soon as you fainted and I came to get you." Maskmana explained. "Wait... Where's Fang-?!" Kaizo said as he attempted to stand up. "He's in the room at the end of the hall on the right." Maskmana said as he helped him stand up.

Kaizo nods as he walked towards where his brother was. While Maskmana walked out of the room and to a room beside them. Kaizo took a sneak peak and was shocked to see Bbb, also on a bed, with Laksamana Amato. He saw Maskmana and Amato have a conversation for a bit before Maskmana took off his mask, and for the first time, Kaizo saw his face. He looked about Amato's age, had brown hair and hazel eyes. He watched as Maskmana kneel down beside Bbb's bed and have a small talk with him, even though the elemental wielder was asleep.

He decided to finally go to Fang, and he was just beside Bbb's room. He was about to open the door but then stopped. His breath hitched in discomfort and he mentally prepared himself. He finally drew the courage to open it. He nearly broke down in tears when he saw Fang's peaceful face, resting on the bed with so many wires and machines attached to him.

He slowly approached his little brother's bed and tears started to form. He sat down, his legs seemingly not able to function. His hand made his way to his brother's head and started to rub it. "I'm sorry", he whispered. He broke down in tears and continued to repeat his words.

~Fang~

He was walking around Laskar Station. Soon, he saw Kaizo, "Kapten!" But when he yelled, Kaizo didn't seem to pay attention. He got confused so he attempted to grab his arm, "Kapten-! Eh?!" But his hand just phazed through. He looked at his hands and thought, 'Am I a ghost?' He looked up and saw Kaizo watching something, or rather... someone.

"Pang!" Kaizo called out. Fang's eyes widened as he saw a much younger version of  himself run towards Kaizo. 'Is this... a memory of mine?' He thought. "Yes Abang-!" Little Fang got cut off as he was (I promise it was gentle) slapped by Kaizo. "You are not to call me that, only Kapten." Kaizo said sternly. "Okay Aba-" Little Fang then got slapped again. "What did I say just now?" Kaizo angrily asked. "S-s-sorry Kapten!" Little Fang stuttered. "Good, you may be dismissed." Kaizo said coldly as he walked away.

Little Fang ran away to his room, and Fang followed his younger self. Little Fang slammed the door and collapsed on his bed as he cried. Fang could only watch from the side.

Eventually, Little Fang calmed down and started to fix up his room. He sang, "Guess by now I outta know my place". He went inside the bathroom and wiped his mirror, "Do your humble duty with a smile, on your face". He looked at himself in the mirror and faked a smile, only to put a sad face again. "Abang knows how much I love him, but he's always doing other things..." Little Fang sang. He picked up a photo of them and whispered, "So I'll keep waiting in the wings...".

Fang walked towards his younger counterpart and said, "I've craved so much, and yet I kept on waiting". He tried to touch the photo Little Fang was holding, but his hand phazed through. "One glance, one touch, and I just kept on waiting", Fang joined his counterpart by the giant window. "And when it came, it came with strings..." They sang together. "So I kept waiting... in the wings", Fang sang.

B E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a great idea yet a horrible outcome lmao-

Should I do the original version of the song?