Part 16

Lily POV

"Wh-what?"

"He was in a car crash honey. I'm really sorry. You need to hurry."

I hung up. What just happened? Cody was in a car crash? I was starting to hyperventilate. I couldn't breathe. Daniel shook my shoulders, bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Lily what happened?"

"I-I need to get to the hospital. Now!"

"O-ok."

We got in the car and drove to the hospital as fast as possible. We got there within minutes. My mom was standing outside waiting for me. I ran past her into the hospital, asking them where he is. I asked the young lady at the desk where Cody's room was and she told me where it was. I sprinted to his room and when I got there, I looked inside and saw Cody laying there with a lot of wounds. His mom sat by his side.

When she saw me, she stood up and came and gave me a hug. I was still in shock of Cody, so I didn't really move. She dragged me to the chair next to him and made me sit. "I will give you some privacy with him. You must be Lily?" I nodded. She walked out, leaving me next to Cody.

He had cuts everywhere on his face. He had a few open places on his legs and arms. He looked horrible. The crash must have been really big. A nurse walked in and greeted me and said she had to do a check up and I could stay if I wanted to. I stayed still on the chair and watched her as she was doing a check up.

After about an hour, a doctor came in and so did my mom and Cody's mom. I was sitting in the same potion as I was since I was here. The doctor talked to us and said there is good news and bad news. "I want the bad news first please doctor." I said. He then said something that shocked me.

"We have to operate on his brain because there is some brain tissue that we need to get rid of otherwise he could possibly get brain damage."

"And the good news?" I asked.

The doctor smiled, "There is a 90 percent chance that the surgery would go perfectly."

Thank god. I was relieved. I put my hand on his and I felt his hand moved. The doctor saw it and quickly examined Cody. He did a check up every half an hour bow instead of every hour. I was just happy he would be okay.

I was sitting by his side every single day. I never left the hospital. I didn't want to leave him. I-I think I loved him.

✨1 month later✨

Cody still hasn't woken up from his coma. It was hurting me to see him like this. I loved him and I was sitting by his side this while time because I don't want to leave him. Because what if he wakes up and I'm not here?

I was holding his hand, almost falling asleep, and suddenly his hand held my hand gently. My head shot up. I was looking straight into Cody's eyes. I couldn't believe it. A tear rolled down my cheek. He wiped it with his thumb and said, "Hey, beautiful." He smiled at me. I smiled back and gave him a hug. When I pulled away he cupped my face and kissed me. It was amazing.

When we pulled away, I said, "I love you, Cody."

"I love you too, Lily." He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead. I started crying. I missed him so much. He held me and tried calming me down. He brought my head to his, our foreheads against each other. "I love you so much Lily. Be mine?" He asked, smiling at me.

"I love you too Cody. And yes, I'll be yours." I said laughing. I couldn't stop smiling. He made me so happy. I love him so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cody POV- The crash

I was so happy that Lily was coming back today. I wanted to go buy her something as a welcome back gift. I called my mom, letting her know that I'm going to go and buy something for Lily. I got in my car and started driving to the place where I wanted to get the present.

As I was driving, I saw a big truck on the road. Were they allowed to drive here even? I ignored the gut feeling that something was going to go extremely wrong.

I drove further and thought about Lily. Suddenly - CRASH!

Everything went black. I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't see anything. What happened? I tried to remember what happened but I wasn't sure what happened. Wait, was I in a car crash? That truck! It probably crashed into me! What the hell? Now what should I do?

I could feel my eyes opening slowly but it was only for a second. I think I saw Lily sitting by my bedside holding my hand. I moved my hand and then I went black again. It felt like I was in the darkness for ages.

Eventually I woke up again, seeing Lily almost fall asleep. I held her hand, making her head shoot up and her eyes looking straight into mine. I saw a tear rolling down her cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb, making her smile. "Hey beautiful." I said smiling at her and she smiled back. She gave me a hug and when she pulled away, I cupped her face and smashed our lips together. It felt better than ever.

When she pulled away, she said, "I love you Cody."

"I love you too Lily." I kissed her forehead and she dug her face into my chest. She started crying. I tried calming her down, and put her forehead against mine. "I love you so much, Lily. Be mine?" I asked.

"I love you too, Cody. And yes, I'll be yours." She said laughing. I love her with all my heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? I hope yiu are enjoying it so far. I am thinking of what I should do for the next chapter. I don't know yet, but I will see you guys again soon:)

Love you all<3