Part 2

Lily POV

The next day, the Johnson's invited us over for dinner. I got dressed nicely and then went downstairs. I found out that the cute boy's name was Kevin.

Me and mum went over as soon as she came down. We knocked on the door and Kevin's mom opened the door. I still couldn't get over the fact that she was so beautiful. I smiled while me and mum went inside. Their house was gorgeous. Kevin's mom told us her name was Katherine but we could call her Kathy. She said I didn't have to call her aunt, but she would also understand if I wanted to call her aunt out of respect.

She showed us around the house and then took us to the dining room. As we sat down I saw there were four chairs. On one side my mom and Kathy sat down, and that's when I realised that I was going to sit next to Kevin! As I sat, he came down with a tiny napkin in his hand wiping his face and he didn't have a shirt on. His mom heard him come down so she turned to him and gasped. "Kevin, go get dressed properly right this instant! You know we have guests over!" She yelled at him. He turned to me when his mom looked away and he winked at me as a hello and I smiled back.

He went upstairs and after about five minutes he came down dressed neatly.

His outfit👇

I was just listening to my mom and Kathy having a conversation of my school and mom was telling Kathy that it was a very good school

I was just listening to my mom and Kathy having a conversation of my school and mom was telling Kathy that it was a very good school. That's when I realised that Kevin was walking past me to where he had to sit - next to me. He looked at me with a smile and I smiled back awkwardly.

While my mom and Kathy were talking, there was silence between me and Kevin.

But eventually Kevin broke the silence. "Hey, do you wanna go swing in the backyard with me?" I looked at him and smiled while nodding. I turned to mom and Kathy and said, "Hey, mom, I'm going to go swing outside with Kevin for a while, is that okay?" "Yea sure honey."

I turned to Kevin while getting up and he held out his hand for me to follow him outside. I hesitated but then took his hand and he leaded me outside. Their backyard was beautiful! There was only one swing though. I looked at him and asked, "Uhm, are you gonna swing or may I?" He looked at me then smiled and said, "You can swing, I'll push you." I smiled back and sat down on the swing and he came behind me gently pushing my back.

It was so fun on the swing, but eventually I got dizzy so I said, "Can we sit down? I'm kinda getting dizzy." "Sure." He grabbed my waist trying to stop the swing and when he managed he let go and walked to the bench awkwardly. I walked after him and sat next to him. I looked up at the beautiful night sky. So did he.

Once in a while I glimpsed over at him but then looked back up. He broke the long silence between us saying, "Hey, uhm, what's your name again?" "Lily." I responded quickly. He said something under his breath but I couldn't hear him. "What?" "Uh, nothing." I then looked at him irritated. "Tell me what you said please." I pouted. He looked at me and said, "I said you have a beautiful name." I started to blush so I looked away.