|Chapter Twenty-Three|

Copyright ©2022_Over Him ✔ written by OluchiHelen.
>>>>>

April's pov•

So far, Patricia had been living with me for nearly a week and things seemed to playing out just fine. Neither of us spoke so much to each other but in a way I believed she was slowly opening up to me. At least her grateful smiles said it all, the only problem was that she was never able to hold a conversation.

She and Colt, who was still living with me hadn't even said more than 'hey' to one another and I wouldn't deny it. I was kinda happy about that. Now that they were under the same roof for the first time in years, who knew what spark would go off? I was thankful that neither were interested in speaking to one another.

Looking at Patricia now, one could easily tell she was beginning to look different and in the good way. Some colour was now returning back to her skin, although she always seemed to fall ill every now and then since her immune system was quite shaky, having lived out in the cold New York next to a dumpster, with nothing but a frail looking blanket for warmth.

I'd gotten her some new clothes and I could remember the spark that had lit her eyes as we walked into the mall. I almost chuckled. Clearly it had been a long time since she'd stepped foot into the mall.

After an hour of going through clothing items I thought would be necessary, we had walked out of the store with five bags filled with clothes. I was probably sure she'd bought more things from the mall back when she was younger but beggars weren't choosers.

The previous night, even though Patricia and I weren't really one to hold a conversation, while Colt was out with some friends, we'd talked about the need for her to get a job, one that she would use to support herself. She was a fully grown woman who should be able to support herself. I'd given her the essentials; food, clothing and a roof over her head. As for the other things she would need, Patricia, otherwise known as Tricia, would be solely responsible for herself.

Today, by eleven am that morning, I'd decided to dress up and head down to work and see his things were. For now I didn't know how long it would take before the shoot and the marketing stage would be over but as long as it meant I would have all the time in the world to relax, I didn't mind.

Dressed in a white dress shirt with little black polka dots on it and a pair of knee high boots, I was ready to start my day. I'd seen the dress while going shopping with Tricia and had gotten it for myself. I knew she was also ogling the dress too but it was my money and I'd chosen it first.

With my hair held up into a cute fluffy bun above my head, I reapply some cherry flavoured lip gloss to my lips, stare myself in the mirror satisfactorily before grabbing my handbag.

The sky was no longer grey, but a nice warm stretch of blue, just a few clouds dotted the blue mass. It was warm, a little bit strange especially since it rarely got warm during winter in New York. Global warming probably had to be involved.

Pouring myself a cup of coffee, I add two cubes of sugar into my cup and stir it gently. Tricia had stepped out of the apartment about an hour ago to get to work on time. With the help of a friend of mine, I'd been able to find her a place to work.

A day school. It paid enough, so I'd been told. The exact pay hadn't been said but either way, it would help Tricia stand on her two feet for the time being.