Chapter Four: First Meetings

A few weeks later Cranberry Wine was hiding as all the kids played, eating cake, and hanging out with each other while he hid in the darkest corner of the room and watched them quietly.

As he watched them he knew what today was and he was not happy about this whole situation cause it was Adoption Day and all kinds of cookies came and went through out the day.

He wanted it to be over already and he pulled his knees up to his chest and shook hard as he saw kids getting taken one by one as the day went on and on and he felt his necklace silently.

It glimmered and he sighed and looked at his reflection in the gemstone in the heart shaped middle of the red stone and started to tear up but he quickly wiped his tears away and looked away.

Suddenly he heard a new couple walk in and done kids grew excited about this whole situation cause they were hoping to get adopted and they looked at them all and smiled warmly at them all.

"Awww Werewolf they're so cute~" Vampire said with a big smile on his face and Werewolf smiled and nodded his head and let the kids feel his tail and touch his cape too and giggled softly.

And Vampire smiled at that and suddenly saw Cranberry Wine in the dark corner and walked over to him as he hugged his knees up tightly against his body and looked very scared.

"Hello there little guy~" he whispered softly and he reached out to pat him and Cranberry Wine looked so scared and scrambled away and ran away and ran pass the Orphan Director who signed.

"I apologize for that he's just been through a lot of pain and grief" she said with a frown and Vampire nodded and stood up "I see Ms....uh..." "Choco Swirl Cookie and yes he's very broken."

"What happened to him?" Werewolf asked as he walked over to the two and Choco Swirl sighed and lead the two to her office and sat them down and faced them with a very serious expression.

"He lost both his parents qnd were killed a murderer and he can't remember who it was and what they looked like since he was there when it happened to him a month ago."

"Oh Gods that happened to him?" Vampire said as he paled and held Werewolf's hand and they looked very worried about happened to him and felt their heart began to pound in fear.

"Yes I'm afraid so, he's so traumatized and a mute cause of it and I really want him to open up to others qnd trust them and see not all cookies are bad" Choco Swirl said as she looked at her hands.

This made Werewolf get an idea and smiled as his tail began to wag "what if we foster and show him how other cookies aren't so bad" he said with a confident smile that lit Choco Swirl up.

"Of course! That sounds like a great idea and I'm sure it will help him improve and feel comfortable with others!" She said with a smile on their faces and Vampire looked away feeling unsure.

"And we can childproof everything in a week and make sure he has a room he'll love, right Vampire?" Werewolf smiled and looked at Vampire but then frowned as he saw his unsure look.

"Vampire are you ok?" He asked and held his hand tighter making him snap out of it and smiled wide at him "Oh yeah! We definitely can do that!" He said with a smile and he kissed his husband.

"Then it's settled, let me know when you two have everything done and I'll talk to a social worker that will check out your home and if they approve qnd like the efforts of your work I will know."

Choco Swirl said with a smile and she shook Werewolf's hand qnd Vampire's and started her part right away and the couple went home and Werewolf looked excited as his tail wagged fast.

"We'll have to lock your grape juice away and fix everything to childproof it qnd well have to fix up the guest bedroom..." Werewolf rambled on and on about everything with a smile.

While he rambled Vampire looked away spacing out not listening or paying attention to his husband and looked a little worried about this situation cause he wasn't sure about it himself.

'What if I mess up?! What if I hurt him more?! What if he hates me?! What if-' "VAMPIRE LOOK OUT!" He suddenly snapped out of it as he almost walked into a tree without thinking about it.

"Shit!" Vampire poofed into his bat girl and dodged it as Werewolf caught him and held him close to his heart "are you ok?" He asked him with a shaky smile on his face and Vampire nodded.

He poofed back into his cookie form and smiled at him "I'm ok just was thinking of stuff" he said with a smile and Werewolf smiled and kissed him and hugged him with a big smile on his face.

"You excited about this new chapter in our lives Vampire?" He asked as he hugged the taller cookie with a smile on his face and wagged his tail in complete excitement as well as Vampire frowned.

"Oh yeah I'm excited" he saved in fake excitement and he hugged his husband back with a sad and worried expression that Werewolf couldn't see or tell from his angle that he was in at the moment.

"Good I am too~" Werewolf whispered softly and he looked so happy and completely in a bliss as Vampire thought to himself again and he sighed softly feeling very unsure about this.

'I hope I can be a great mother to this Doughling unlike my own when I was Doughling myself~' he teared up and felt mixed feelings about this whole situation.