Capter Eleven: Small steps

A few days later Vampire was cooking in the kitchen as he heard a small soft little footsteps and turned as he saw Cranberry Wine shyly walk up to him and sniffed the air with a curious look.

"Hey sweetie I'm making some soup you wanna try some?" Vampire said with a smile and Cranberry Wine shyly nodded and Vampire smiled and took some in a spoon and blew on it and knelt down.

"Careful it's hot~" he whispered and Cranberry Wine nodded and sipped it very carefully and he licked his lips and made a pleased face and his stomach growled softly for more as he jumped.

"It's ok it's just your tummy~" Vampire said with a smile and he reached out to touch him and Cranberry Wine looked scared and he stopped and smiled "its ok kiddo I completely forgot about that."

He went to put his hand away when Cranberry Wine reached for his hand and very shyly touched it and looked at him with nervous expression on his face and only held it for a few seconds.

Then he let go and walked away quickly as he could as Vampire looked at his hand and smiled at what he just experienced and felt his heart melt at the way Cranberry Wine touched him.

"Heh I love you too sweetheart" he whispered softly and he continued to cook their dinner with a warm smile on his face as he felt so happy and completely excited about this moment.

During lunch Cranberry Wine ate without a complaint about and reached for his cup and spilled it and shook hard as he waited for Vampire to yell at him like before but nothing happened.

He looked over and saw Vampire clean it up and looked patient and calm about his small accident and jumped as he saw him grab the cup qnd went away and whimpered softly and he felt so scared.

"It's ok kiddo it was an accident" Werewolf whispered softly and Cranberry Wine teared up qnd stopped as he saw Vampire walk back in and smiled as he hands him a sippy cup.

He took it and sipped on it before he finished his lunch and went to play as the two cleaned up from lunch with smiles on their faces as they thought of how everything was going well too.

"You think he'll let us touch him and hold him soon?" Werewolf asked and he washed up a bowl and handed him the bowl to dry it as he smiled at his husband softly and Vampire nodded.

"He grabbed my hand so thats a small step that he took qnd it was bold of him and he looked very calm too" Vampire said with a smile and he looked at his hand that Cranberry Wine touched.

"Yup and another small step he took was him getting close to me after I snarled at him" Werewolf said and he wagged his tail at the thought of that as Vampire looked amazed by that as well.

They were proud and excited about his small steps of improvement and development of his new surroundings and slowly gaining his trust too which they felt their hearts burst for joy too.

The next day Cranberry Wine was looking outside and felt a little bored as Vampire was home alone with him and he walked over to the two year old and smiled softly at him as he looked bored.

"Bored sweetie?" He asked him with a smile and Cranberry Wine nodded and looked outside again and Vampire smiled and went to the door and Cranberry Wine looked at him puzzled.

"You wanna go to the park?" Vampire asked with a grin and Cranberry Wine looked at him with wide stary eyes and walked over and shyly nodded his head and put his shoes on and tried to go.

"Hold on your shoelaces are untied sweetheart" Vampire chuckled softly and smiled at him and knelt down and tied them up for him and they walked to the park together and it was a nice day.

And as they walked Cranberry jumped at a noise and ran and hid somewhere as Vampire smiled and went close to him "it's ok it's just probably a little friend" Vampire said gently and softly.

Cranberry Wine looked at him before coming out and calming down as they continued to walk to the park with Vampire who looked very calm now and relaxed as they soon reached the park.

"Here we go...you can go play" Vampire said with a smile and he gestured him to go off and he looked at Vampire with a little scared expression and Vampire smiled and urged him to go on.

"Go on you got this~" he whispered softly and Cranberry Wine slowly walked there as two bigger kids run past him causing him to yelp qnd run and hide behind a tree and shook hard.

'That was a step step for him so at least he tried' Vampire said in his head with a shrugged and walked over to Cranberry Wine who was crying and looked scared to death after that scary experience.

"It's ok sweetie we can go home if you want to" he whispered softly and gently to the little Doughling and he nodded and they walked back home qs he sniffled and hiccupped softly as well.

He suddenly yawned and looked very tired and drained from the whole situation and Vampire smiled softly at him as they walked "You tired sweetie?" He asked as Cranberry Wine shook.

And he suddenly heard a very faint whine meaning yes and they walked into the house and Vampire lead Cranberry Wine to his room qnd watched him climb onto his bed.

And then he climbed into his bed and looked a little sad and Vampire frowned as he watched him look at his necklace and sighs softly as he left the room as he thought about an idea he had.