02. Movie Night (requested)

This was requested by Laura070415. Thank you so much!

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Terms: f/a (favorite animal)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Boiling Isles, Luz had invited Y/n, Willow, and Amity to have a movie night at the Owl House, and they had loads of fun. Later that night, Y/n had asked Luz if she could borrow one of her human movies to watch with her boyfriend, Hunter, and Luz agreed.

She had lent her Mean Girls. (It's my favorite movie 👉👈)

A Week Later...

"Hunter, do you want to have a movie night at my house tonight?" Y/n asked over the phone.

"Yeah, why not?" Hunter replied. "What time do I need to be there?"

"How about 6?"

"Sounds good."

"So, I'll see you here?"

"Yeah. See ya! Bye!"

Hunter hung up.

"Ohh, I can't wait!" Y/n squeaked.

Time Skip

The time had finally arrived, and so had Hunter. He arrived in red Cardinal pajamas, while Y/n was wearing f/a pajamas.

"Aww, you really love Flapjack that much, huh?" Y/n gushed.

Hunter blushed lightly. "He's a close companion of mine, that's all."

Y/n led Hunter to the couch and began to set up the movie. "Luz let me borrow one of her human movies, if that's alright."

"Yeah, I'm ok with that. What movie is it?"

"It's called Mean Girls."

"Sounds interesting enough. What's it about?"

"I'm not sure yet. I was saving it for when you weren't busy."

Y/n had finished getting the movie ready. She sat down next to Hunter, wrapped a blanket around herself, and started Mean Girls.

Time Skip

Y/n was officially in love with Mean Girls.

It was halarious, it was well-written, and the characters were easy to love. Even Hunter appeared to be invested.

Around the halfway point, Y/n noticed that Hunter was shivering a little, so she tapped his shoulder.

"Do you want to share this blanket?" Y/n offered.

"Yeah. Thank you," Hunter smiled.

Y/n wrapped half of the blanket around Hunter's shoulders and scooted closer to him. Hunter felt warm and comforting, which made Y/n's heart skip a beat.

Hunter reached over and snatched a couple of pretzel sticks. "You want one?"

Y/n nodded and Hunter gently pressed one in-between Y/n's lips. Y/n took a bite of the pretzel stick and Hunter ate one himself.

"These are good! Are they a human snack?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah! Luz gave me tons of different human snacks to try. They're all really good," Y/n explained.

Time Skip

"Regina is cruel," Hunter commented. "Why would she humiliate everyone like that?"

"That's just the way she is," Y/n guessed. "Bullies shouldn't exist at all."

"Well, if you think about it, having a bully in a movie really drives the plot," Hunter observed.

"Agreed." Y/n snuggled closer to Hunter.

"Janis is awesome," Hunter added.

"That's another thing we have in common," Y/n chuckled. "Our taste in characters is almost exactly the same."

Time Skip

When the movie ended, Hunter and Y/n rose from the couch and started to clean up.

"This is officially my new favorite movie," Y/n decided.

"It was pretty good. I liked it," Hunter agreed.

"Thank you for coming." Y/n gave Hunter a kiss on the cheek. "This means a lot to me."

"I had a lot of fun," Hunter smiled. "Thanks for inviting me!"

Y/n led Hunter to the door, gave him a quick goodbye hug, and sent him home.

Time Skip/ Extra

"Hey, Hunter, how does this outfit look on me?"

"I think it looks fetch."

Y/n gasped. "Did you just make a Mean Girls reference?"

Word Count: 621