11. Aftermath, Pt. 2 (requested)

Requested By: WinterBlue_Angel22

Genre: fluff, Hurt/Comfort (mostly comfort)

Warnings: none

Spoilers: Season 2, Episode 21: "King's Tide"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

A low beeping sound filled my head, interrupting me from my dreams.

Could that be my alarm clock? I wondered.

I slowly blinked my eyes open, confused by what I saw. I was in an unfamiliar room with a color scheme that mostly consisted of blues and whites. I was covered with a comfortable, white blanket, which felt wonderful to the touch.

I suddenly noticed a sharp pain in my head. Ow! My head...

I glanced around the room, realizing that I was in a hospital. What the heck happened? Why does my side hurt so much?

I raised my sore arms above the bed and winced at the excessive use of bandage wraps. I must've gotten seriously hurt in that battle against Belos if I was lying in a literal hospital bed.

I hope nobody else has serious injuries. I bit my lip anxiously.

A light snoring sound jolted me out of my thoughts, startling me.

Who else is in here?! I panicked. I looked over to my right and noticed that Hunter had fallen asleep next to me. His lower body was seated in a chair, but the upper half was splayed across my comfy blanket. His head rested on top of his arms, slightly pushing up his scared cheek in a rolled up manner. It was adorable.

I sighed in relief. Oh, it's only Hunter.

I carefully sat upright, doing my best not to reopen any wounds, then reached my hand out to stroke Hunter's beautiful, ash-blonde hair. It was soft but very disheveled and tangly. He looked very tired.

What happened to him?

After stroking his hair for a little while, Hunter woke up with a start. His deep, magenta eyes fell on me, and they immediately filled up with tears.

"Y/n...?" he gasped, reaching his hand out to touch me. "Is this a dream?"

I wrapped my hand around his and pressed his hand against my cheek. "This isn't a dream, Hunter. I'm really awake."

Messy tears leaked down the sides of Hunter's cheeks as a wobbly smile made its way on his face. "Y/n! Y/n, you're awake!"

He scooped me up in a hug, crying joyfully and peppering my face with kisses. I wasn't used to seeing him act this excessively affectionate towards me, but I didn't stop him. I was secretly enjoying it a ton.

"You scared the crap out of me, Y/n!" Hunter scolded gently, squeezing me tighter. "I'm never gonna stop hugging you!"

"Thank you for bringing me here," I thanked him.

"It wasn't me," Hunter corrected. "Luz's mother called the human doctors. They were the ones who drove you here."

"Still, I appreciate all that you've done for me," I insisted. "I would've been in serious trouble if you hadn't called anyone."

Hunter spoke again. This time, his voice was choked up from the tears. "I–I thought I lost you, Y/n..."

I rubbed comforting circles into his back. "Aw, it's ok, Hunter. I'm just fine now. You don't need to worry about me anymore."

I heard a loud squeak come from Hunter's throat as another sob broke free. He snuggled his chin deep into the crook of my neck as he cried. I did my best to sooth him with back rubs, kisses, and comforting words. I realized just how badly I had scared him, and it made me feel bad. I squeezed him tighter and held him close to me.

"Hunter, I'm sorry..." I apologized softly as a few tears of my own dripped down from my eyes. I let out a sniffle as I snuggled the side of my head against his, letting him know that I was there.

Hunter removed his chin from my neck and gazed deep into my eyes. He wore a small frown and his brows were furrowed. "You have nothing to apologize for, Y/n, I promise. This was all Belos' fault."

"Hunter–"

"I'm glad that that nasty piece of scum was killed by that demonic, moon-like child– whoever that is," Hunter ranted. "Belos doesn't deserve to be here, and I won't let him hurt you again, even if he somehow finds a way to come back! I promise, I–"

I interrupted him with a kiss straight on his chapped lips. I couldn't bear listening to him curse out Belos, no matter how cruel he was. I didn't want to think about Belos– not now. I wanted Hunter and only Hunter. Hunter softened his tensed up face and melted into the kiss, getting the hint that he should stop talking. I wrapped my bandaged arms around Hunter's neck, while he wrapped his arms around my waist. We both proceeded to deepen the kiss, getting a taste of each other's passion and pain from the past recent events. For several minutes, we held onto our moment, occasionally pausing to catch our breaths. It kept going until we were sure that we couldn't keep going.

Hunter and I stared into each other's glossy eyes once we were done, not sure what to say next. I studied his delicate features, my heart breaking at how broken and sad he was. However, the spark of hope and tenderness relieved me. He was still the same Hunter I had always known, and that was enough.

I'm not sure what I'd do without him...

"Y/n...?" Hunter hesitated to continue.

"Yeah?" I spoke breathily.

"I love you... I love you so much," Hunter confessed. "I was so scared that I would lose you– that I wouldn't get a chance to see you again. What if you had died last night? What if you had fallen into a coma or something? I wasn't ready to face those possibilities yesterday and I'm still not. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something horrible had happened to you."

I ran my fingers along the scar on Hunter's right cheek, gently caressing it. "I love you too, Hunter. You mean everything to me."

"So do you."

Word Count: 1000

I absolutely loved  writing this one! All the fluff– especially the kiss scene– AAAJSKDNSJKDSKJDSKJSJKJK ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Let me know what you guys thought of this chapter– whether it's love for it or constructive criticism on what I can do to make my writing better. Any comments are good ones (unless if they're intentionally hateful...)!

I have only 2 more requests left! Whoo hoo! I'll work on them asap!

Love you! ❤️