episode 1 - MRS MAGIC

[ Now playing... Mrs Magic - Strawberry Guy ]

0:45 ——— 3:29

Your eyes opened on their own, you groaned at the bright light. It only made the ache in your temples from last night that much worse.

You lazily reached for one of your extra pillows and threw it over your face. The urge to go back to sleep and catch a few more z's was more than overpowering.

Today was the first day at a new school, and not only that, but you had to go through an entrance exam that you've been training for, for the past twelve months.

With your childhood rival, Katsuki Bakugou, breathing down your neck at every turn, you would push yourself harder than ever before.

Actually, was Bakugou your rival? The two of you competed at every chance you got, but it wasn't ever like you were fighting to be better than the other person.

Shaking your head, you sat up in bed, slouched over, hair an absolute mess. Feeling icky, you tugged your nightshirt off, over your head, and threw it onto the ground.

As you stood up from your comfortable bed, you grabbed the towel you brought in from your shower last night and wrapped it around yourself, making your way towards the upstairs bathroom in your parents' house, your childhood home.

Once in the bathroom, you warmed the shower water up and stepped in, shedding whatever else you were wearing beforehand.

With body wash poured in your palms, you heard your mother call your name from outside the door.

"...Hey, honey! You getting ready for the entrance exam at U.A later this morning?" She called out, leaning against the locked door.

You replied, "Yeah! I'm a little nervous, truth be told." You sudsed your hands up and began washing yourself.

"You'll do great, sweetheart." Came her voice, "Just... make sure not to get hurt, okay? I know you can take care of yourself, but..." She sighed, rubbing her forehead with her dominant hand. "It's a dangerous world."

You paused, staring up at the shower head, wetting your hair unintentionally. "Yeah," your voice was small in comparison to a moment ago. "Yeah, mom, I know. I'll be careful! As long as you promise me that you and Dad will too."

She laughed, patting the door as she began to walk away, calling out a response at the last moment. "Of course, honey."

After your shower, you dried yourself off and got into your middle school's uniform, the black and gold outfit didn't look half bad on you actually, it just got boring really quickly.

You hoped the U.A uniforms would be better.

You grabbed your sketchbook from off your desk and flipped through it until you saw the hero outfit design you had drew a few months ago, along with your training regimen.

God, that regimen was a bitch. But it's helped you so far, so you might as well stick to it.

You examined the suit concept for a long moment before tossing the leather-bound book back onto the bed, grabbing your phone from the nightstand, and making your way down to breakfast.

There, you saw your father, sitting at the bar, drinking a cup of his favorite morning drink. You slid around him, patting him on the shoulder, as you snaked some of the food your mom was cooking from the plate.

"That good?" You pointed at his cup, speaking around the food in your mouth. Oh. My. God. That was good, your mother was a great cook.

"It's as good as it is any other day, what's up with you? You're awfully bouncy this dawn." He quirked an eyebrow at you and you laughed, still staring down, in delight, at the piece of food you stole.

"Nothing's the matter, Dad. And note to self, no one says 'this dawn' anymore." You teased, spinning his cup around and taking a small drink before running into the living room before he could get you.

"You little snake! Come fix yourself a plate before you go." Mom yelled over the stove fan.

You shook your head, slipping your shoes on. "I can't. I gotta meet up with Bakugou and stop him from beating the shit out of Midoriya, you know he applied to U.A without having a quirk? Totally cool, right?"

Your father sighed into his mug, watching the liquid react to his breath. "I think it's cool, but I also think it's a bad idea."

"Why? Think he can't handle himself?" You stuck your fingers in your right shoe, fishing a rock out of the soles confusedly.

"Exactly. He doesn't have a quirk, or so he lets on. How's he gonna defend himself from the grueling U.A tests?" He made a good point, but you remained optimistic.

You paused, biting your bottom lip as you thought. "I dunno, but I'm sure he'll figure it out. Okay, I gotta go, I'll see you guys later!! Bye, love you!"

As you shut the front door behind you, you heard your parents yell the same loving goodbye as you did.

You stepped out of the doorway and made your way down the stairs, you stopped in your tracks, peering down over the railing as you caught sight of something that put a pep in your step.

"Oi, Bakugou!"