episode 13 - FALLING INTO THE SKY

[ Now playing... Falling Into The Sky - Chronic Nostalgics]

0:48 ——— 3:17

The next morning came in a blur; you had woken up sore and hurting all over from the beach trip yesterday. Vividly remembering Kirishima picking you up and throwing you into the ocean—you sighed and got up and showered; took pain medicine; got dressed; and read a book, all while waiting for Kieri Yanaka to message you and lure you into a grueling hangout session that you would regret for many years to come.

Okay, that was dramatic. Kieri is, and will always be, a good friend to you. Even though they have more than a select few words about your best friend—and now boyfriend—Katsuki Bakugou, and are rather annoying sometimes. Oh, that made your heart flutter, Katsuki was now your boyfriend. 13 year old you is raving inside your head right about now. Truthfully, a dream come true.

You closed your book and laid it on your stomach, folding your hands over your heart, you relaxed into your bed. Your eyes fell shut and your imagination was filled with swirling memories of yours and Katsuki's adventures throughout the years. Your sixteenth birthday is coming up, isn't that crazy? It feels like just yesterday you were fourteen and waiting not so patiently for the U.A High entrance exam. This past year and a half went by like an airplane show, leaving nothing but the traces of smoke in the sky after its departure.

That hourglass of yours was steadily dripping sand, maybe good things were going to come to you, now that your feelings are out in the open with Katsuki, no new attacks from the League of Villains, even though the world isn't in a state of peace, its close enough to where you feel safe and secure out in the broad of day. Maybe.

The only obstacle in your way was yourself, and you knew that. You were the only thing stopping yourself from everything that you want, and you were working on fixing that. You had to, and you needed to.

And then your doorbell rang and you slid out of bed, not feeling entirely sociable, but steeling your resolve, you got up and went downstairs to answer anyway. You promised Kieri yesterday that you would hang out with them, and as Bakugou told you the last time you hung out with them—"Regardless of what happened between you two, you should probably have an outlet on the outside."

You threw open the door and conjured up your best smile as you held your arms out wide, "Kieri!!" You exclaimed, pulling the blonde into a tight hug, and got one in return.

The two of you stumbled back into your house and you felt them pause and kick the front door shut behind them. "Oh, Y/N! I missed you!" They exclaimed, pulling off to give you a big ecstatic smile. "You did amazing in the Sports Festival, I was watching!"

You flushed, waving your hand around, "Ah, I mean I forfeited my last match, that's not something to be proud of."

"No," they shook their head, grabbing you by the shoulders and rocking you around, "You didn't wanna fight your friend, and you know what? That's better than half of those other freaks out there who willingly brawled with their friends. Besides, you whooped that one student's ass when you did fight, not to mention the Calvary battle." They rambled, light eyebrows quirking.

You laughed, hiding the fact that you felt your stomach churn at their choice of words, "Right! Haha, thanks, Kieri." You stepped away from them and then motioned to your Nintendo Switch that was currently docked and all charged up, "Wanna play Mario Kart?"