episode 12 - UNDERCOVER MARTYN

[ Now playing... Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club]

0:50 ——— 2:48

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buz—Oh, my God.

Rolling miserably over in bed, you reached blindly over onto your nightstand and picked your phone up, turning it on after a second and blinding yourself with the light from the screen.

Groaning, you blinked a couple of times and squinted as you scrolled through your notification feed. Two Youtube uploads, one Instagram DM, three mobile game notifications, four text messages from Shoto Todoroki, and two recent text messages from Kaminari—wait, what.

Four text messages from Shoto Todoroki?

You wondered what that could've meant, the boy never messaged you, much less four times. You set your phone down onto your abdomen for just a minute as you stared confusedly up at your ceiling; this was the start of a very weird day, it seemed.

Picking the phone back up, you unlocked it and went straight to yours and Shoto's DMS, which had only been used once before in the past—that one time when he was worried you'd miss the bus to the U.S.J so he messaged you, asking where you were.

You furrowed your brows as the messages loaded in, silently cursing your internet for deciding to be slow today. Upon loading, that was not what you were expecting to see.

spicy ice

spicy ice
hello

spicy ice
i know things might seem weird between us since the sports festival, and, i am sorry about that. Sero suggested the three of us hang out together?
delivered at 6:30 am

spicy ice
i am realizing that you're probably not awake, since it is now seven AM on a weekend.
delivered at 7:01 am

spicy ice
ok. i'm gonna wait for your reply now.
seen just now

you
hi shoto! :)

you
sorry for the late reply lol i was sleeping. just got woken up by Kaminari, so don't worry, it wasnt you.
seen just now

you
where are we hanging out?
seen just now

spicy ice
sero said your house would be preferable, is that alright?
seen just now

Sighing to yourself as you read the Todoroki boy's message, you realize that Sero's probably forcing the two of you to talk since he thinks you're mad at Shoto—which, disclaimer, you're not.

you
yeah, that's fine by me, just come over whenever!
seen just now

You also realized that, that last message you sent means you have to bust ass and get everything ready before they get here—fuck. Rushing to get out of bed, your foot got tangled in your bedsheets and you almost went flying across the room on your face, being more careful now, you stepped out of the hold the sheet had on your foot and made your way to the bathroom across the hall from your bedroom.