Chapter 14: A Very Stupid Mistake

This is it. It's finally time! It's finally it!

The day Sean's finally gonna tell Jake he is ready to take it on romantically! The day they will officially be boyfriends and if anyone judges them, the club has to answer it! It was the day Sean is finally gonna tell the whole club about Jake. Tell everyone in the whole school and they'll hold hands and be happy ever after.

Sean stopped himself as he thought about all the things that could happen after. He stopped speedrunning in the hallways and leaned against a wall. His heart beat.

'Is this a good time to tell him? Maybe I should start with a simple sorry today and confess tomorrow? Or maybe...go on a date and confess next week?' Sean sighed indecisively. With boredom and nervousness, he looked through his phone to pass the time. He scrolled through some images and a ding suddenly sounded on his phone and saw Milly's text messages popping up on the screen.

Milly: HEEEEY SEEEAN!!!

Milly: HOW ARE UUU!!!

Sean hesitated and typed:

Sean: Im fine Milly.

Sean: I'm about to do it

Sean decided it's not best to see the message after the one he typed. He nervously put his phone back into his pockets, hearing a little 'ding' that sounded his phone.

"Sean!" A familiar voice caught the black haired boy's attention. He turned his head and realized it was the peach haired boy himself, and also known as the person Sean had to confess to.

There was a sudden thump in the tall boy's heart. He breathed as he placed his hand on his chest. 'Is this the right time?' He asked himself. 'Yes it is!'

"Jake!" Sean greeted Jake with a bright smile. "Glad to see you feeling better. I was worried that you have to stay in for a week because of the virus."

The peach haired boy rolled his eyes smiling. "For the thousandth time, it wasn't the virus. It was just the flu."

Sean chuckled at himself. He stopped for a moment, looking at Jake with tense eyes. He put his hands together. He felt stupid doing this in the hallways, but he had no choice. Jake was there and it was now or never!

"Jake..." Sean started. "I need to tell you something..."

Jake's smile faded and turned to a questioning look. "Uh... yeah?"

Sean closed his eyes tightly, then opened them. He breathed in deeply. "You see... I like-"

"YOU LIKE WHO?!?!?"

The black haired boy's speech was suddenly interrupted by a scream in the hallways. It was loud that maybe a lot of people could hear if they are still in the hallways. Fortunately, they all went home, so it was just the two of them and...

Sean and Jake dashed to where the loud yell came from. And sort of expectedly, it came from a purple haired boy. But it wasn't him yelling at a magenta haired boy, he was yelling at his sister.

Sean and Jake's eyes widened as they stare at the scene.

"You promised you won't be mad just as long as its not Jake!" Hailey responded to her brother.

"Yes but I didn't expect it to be that jerk!"

"He changed just as much as Jake!"

"Jake doesn't seem to think so!" Zander crossed his arms. "He got manipulated by that jerk! He also broke my heart and bullied us!"

It took Jake a few minutes to finally figure out who what Zander was talking about.

“Jake!” Zander interrupted the peach haired boy and pointed towards his sister. “Did you know that Hailey’s going out with Drew!”