واحد - 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙢

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙢

the air around jamilah was congested with weed smoke and the stench of spilled rum.

it was suffocating in a good way.

she kissed her teeth, though not very vexed from having spilled her drink on herself. it was just her first reaction.

jamilah glanced down at her phone to check the time, certain that she'd only been at the party for an hour or two.

if only that had been the case. it was past one a.m.

this time her reaction was one of actual irritation since she had work in the morning.

she needed to get home now, but she'd lost her friend samaya forever ago.

"hey, where's yaya!?" she neared marshal, one of the girls she'd seen samaya with earlier. she wasn't exactly the best of friends with samaya's friends, but she tried to be polite.

"babe, she's left!" marshal leaned over. "jaiden swore he saw you leave with kaz!"

"fuckin' hell." she muttered, thinking 'of course it was jaiden'. it was always him trying to make a bigger rift between her and samaya. she couldn't stand him. "alright, thanks!"

"no problem!"

jamilah went to find a bathroom so she could freshen up. she was fuming. 'why they hell would i leave with kaazim?' she had told him off earlier that morning and it was obvious they weren't on speaking terms. they were never on speaking terms. why would she suddenly leave with him?

sometimes jamilah was convinced samaya was an idiot, because it didn't take that many brain cells to know jaiden was a lying piece of shit. the two dating made no sense to her.

the rave had started in one flat but slowly bled through the rest of the estate, creating something like a block party. so she just had to find one flat that didn't have an outrageous line for the toilets.

jamilah peeked into each apartment just long enough to assess the lines before moving on. she was downing the rest of her rum and coke, racking her brain for the lie she'd tell her aunt when she showed up, wasted and smelling of marijuana and alcohol. that would have her locked away for weeks, and at her big age, she couldn't stand being grounded.

that was the closest place to where she was though. she could chance the fifteen minute walk and go to jaiden's just to ruin his night with samaya. but that was a lot of walking just to cock block. so surely there had to be an excuse for turning up at two in the morning. jamilah was too drunk to really think of one.

she made her way into an apartment that wasn't very lively, and headed to the bathroom. she stared in the mirror, observing the way she looked. her eyes were irritated from all the smoke and her pupils screamed 'this bitch is white boy wasted!'

she was there for a long time trying to convince herself that this is what she looked like when she cried. maybe she'd tell her auntie that her boyfriend cheated on her... again.

she wouldn't even be able to say that with any emotion, let alone pretend to be heartbroken over it. jamilah had grown numb to his infidelities. and her aunt wouldn't take her seriously.

maybe her and samaya fought... again.

that wasn't hard to fake. so maybe less teary eyed and more anger? but jamilah just couldn't seem to care. she fought so often with samaya, it was a mystery how they were still friends.

as she looked at herself, jamilah wondered what the hell she was even doing. there was no point in lying to herself. the reality of it was, she was at a yardie rave avoiding her psychotic boyfriend, and all her so called 'friends' ditched her the first chance they got. now jamilah was drunk and stuck with no ride home.

though, she knew this would happen. hardly anything surprised her these days.