ثمانية - 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙞

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 — 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙞

just like he promised, abdul caught up with jamilah later in the week when he had time. she had gotten off work an hour ago and was heading to the corner shop to get a few groceries for her aunt. it was getting dark out and she had her ear buds in, listening to 'who am i' by beenie man.

abdul drove slowly beside her, chuckling at the dirty look she gave him once she noticed. "why are you givin' man the screw face?"

"why the hell are you lurkin' on me?" she asked, walking up to his window. "how did you know where i was?"

"nik told me before she left."

"don't be going to my yard like that." she told him seriously. "you can get me in trouble."

he sucked his teeth, "are you getting in? man don't all got all day."

"i'm being serious." she opened the door to the white lexus and slid inside with a soft sigh. "and i have shopping to do so i can't be with you all night."

abra looked over her, smiling at the sight of her in his clothes. her braids were tied back in a bun and her face was clear of any makeup.

"this yours?" she looked over the cream leather seats and red accents. it was sleek and smelled really good, which surprised her since she halfway expected it to smell of weed.

abdul grabbed her face, giving her a look as if too say 'you know it is'. "you look good." he told her before kissing her lips a few times. "next time let me know before you leave mine, i'll take you wherever you need."

jamilah's body trembled beneath his fingertips. "mhm."

he hadn't appreciated the fact that she left him alone with not so much as a text. she could've told him he was leaving so he could at least lock the door behind her. he prayed she knew she didn't have to sneak out.

they drove, listening to the music from jamilah's phone through the speakers. she loved reggae and so that's almost entirely what her playlist consisted of. abra didn't care much what she played as long as it wasn't by people he didn't rate.

they talked a bit and it felt like no time had passed at all. there was no awkwardness and jamilah still knew how to make him laugh. certain things didn't seem to change.

as they parked in the lot at sainsbury's, jamilah's mum called.

"hey, mama." she answered as she got out the car. abdul came along and she fussed quietly at him.

she wasn't supposed to be too far from home and he was going to get her in trouble with kaz. part of her was glad though, she didn't want to carry everything back home.

if need be, she could just find an excuse if he found out. there was almost always an excuse if she got creative with her lies.

abdul didn't care either way. he didn't like the fact that she cared so much about kaazim, if he was a problem he'd be handle.

"how are you, my darling girl?" her mum asked in twi. it was her native tongue and jamilah preferred when she used it. twi reminded her of being small and happy. "did nikole tell you i called?"

abra held her hand and when she smiled up at him he felt like he had in year eight all over again.

out of habit, jamilah slipped into an accent, mimicking her mother's pronunciation of things. "i'm doing fine. and yeah, she did. i only got off work a little while ago though. i'm getting groceries for nikole right now."