ثلاثة - 𝙚𝙙𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 — 𝙚𝙙𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙣

"where we even goin'?" jamilah asked, stumbling as she tried to keep up. "wallahi, i'm gonna fall." her voice was quiet, barely making it over the echo of their heavy footsteps. "slow down!"

the first party they attended ended very similarly— with them drunkenly running from police. that had been ages ago, something neither recalled until this point.

abdul didn't answer. he was more focused on not tripping down the stairs.

he was leading them down the back hall so they'd end up on the other side of the building. this would ensure they didn't run into any flashing lights and that he wasn't wrongfully detained... again.

the police knew his face all to well so it was safe to assume that abdul didn't have the best relationship with them. they were ever so eager to arrest him on petty charges.

abdul turned his head up as he noticed music had started oozing out the windows again. "damn." he mumbled to himself. 'all that running for nothin',' he shook his head. he had no intention of going back up though.

they started to make their way from the apartment complex just as someone called to the girl beside abdul.

"yo, milah! jamilah!"

her ears were ringing but she knew yiannis' voice.

she looked over her shoulder squinting as she held onto abdul's arm.

it was dark but she could make out the familiar green canadian goose puffer the boy always wore, even when it wasn't very cold outside. he tried so hard to look cool but she saw right through his roadman act.

abdul just watched with a vacant expression on his face. he'd drank a lot, which he usually didn't like to do, and now he was tired. he was hoping that the color of yiannis' puffer coat wasn't to show affiliation to a rival gang— he'd hate to end his night dealing with anyone from edmonton.

"what?" jamilah asked in a snappy tone.

"why you always being rude?" yiannis gave her a displeased look from behind his bally. he stepped closer and she could see him more clearly. "where you headed anyway?"

her high was slowly starting to be ruined by his annoying presence. all of her boyfriends' friends gave her something beyond an ick. being around them made her want to volunteer to have her stomach pumped.

"to my ends, where else?"

"with my man?" his eyebrows rose under the balaclava, staring at abdul. "ahki ain't gonna like this, yanno. so just come on, babes, don't make him upset, yeah?"

jamilah took a single step from abdul, placing a hand on her hip. "you think i give a fuck what he likes?" she quickly answered the question for him. "'cos i don't. you man are always onto me. what about him?"

"what about him?"

jamilah kissed her teeth, not even sure why she bothered. kaz could fuck her mum and they'd find a way to justify it.

"ah, milah, don't be like that, babes." chandler chuckled from behind them, stepping out of the building with a few other guys. "you know how my man is, don't be stoopin' down to kaz' level. you too pretty to be lookin' like last time. i can't stand seein' you like that, still."

chandler was brown skinned, average height, with a small face tattoo that he thought made him extremely attractive. he was called machete by his friends but jamilah refused to go along with the roadman cosplay he was playing.

since around the time she was in year 11 chandler had been making moves on her. that's how kaazim even became aware of her in first place. it made her sick how he kept making passes even though she was technically with his best friend.

maybe she wouldn't have minded if chandler and kaazim weren't nearly the same person. chandler just happened to have a better temper.

"i'm gone." she turned to abdul who was waiting.

he was growing rather annoyed by this entire situation, though that wasn't quite evident to anyone but her.

chandler yanked her arm, dropping the friendly act. "nah, i'm takin' you home. always ready to be some fucking whore. you're gonna regret the day we're not here to look out for you."

jamilah could barely fight back she was so drunk.

she knew that they weren't looking out for her, chandler was simply covering for kaazim so he didn't catch another domestic charge. they both knew kaz would go ballistic the second he found out jamilah was around another guy.

jamilah thought it was hardly fair that kaz could go out and sleep with tons of girls while she was at his house cooking and cleaning like a slave. and when she did go out, his friends were always stalking her. it was mental. she barely had peace of mind.

"chandler, let me go. i'm not even with that nigga anymore." she frowned. there was a numb anger surging through her. she knew she was meant to be screaming and yelling. though she'd done that before and it had gotten her nowhere.

"for what? two hours so you can fuck some dickhead? nah, you're movin' nuts, tryna do my mans head in. maz, take her to the car." he ordered one of the younger boys. mazeen was tall with a solid build so she didn't have a chance of fighting him off. "you're not gettin' him locked again 'cah you wanna be some edyiat."

jamilah just stood there, prepared to be tossed over mazeen's shoulder. it was the same old song and dance. and she was really over it.

luckily, abdul also had enough.

"she don't wanna go with youse lot, chill." abra stepped in, putting himself between jamilah and maz. he found the situation aggravating at best, nothing to lose himself over.

chandler shook his head, almost amused. "ahk, this ain't got nothin' to do with you-"

abdul approached him like a deadly calm, towering over him. "nah, ahk, she don't wanna go with you." he kept his voice low so only chandler could hear. "man don't talk. so unless you wan' ya head top buss," he lifted his jumper, showing the gun tucked in the waistband of his pants.

"nah, it's calm." chandler stepped back with his hands up. "she knows what's up. just causin' issues for herself."

'why is my man still speakin'? does he wanna get bunned?' abdul just stared. he hadn't earned his reputation from simply hurting people.

"say nun. jamilah, be smart." chandler warned one final time.

jamilah wasn't exactly happy when they went back inside the complex. she was sure she felt something close to it though. relief most likely.

abdul put his arm around her neck, a goofy smile on his face. "likkle man aren't on piss. why do they try act tough?"

"i wish i fucking knew."