اثنين - 𝙮𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 — 𝙮𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚

on the other side of the door, abdul had been waiting for whoever was inside to come out so he could go in, but they were taking all day.

"yo," he knocked on the door loudly. "mans gotta piss, innit. so hurry up."

jamilah opened the door, not even looking at him.

to him, she seemed to be obsessing over her makeup or something. "go ahead," she muttered, tilting her head a bit.

"you're not gettin' out?" he chuckled as she closed the door behind him. he was more than a bit drunk himself so he didn't have any shame.

"can you tell my head is spinnin'?" jamilah asked. "is it obvious?"

when she looked at him, her eyes were hardly opened and she had a stupid smirk on her face. she looked familiar but he couldn't exactly grasp where he knew her from.

"do i look like i'm able to tell you if you're high?" he giggled, muffing her forehead some before standing at the toilet.

she hopped on the sink, chuckling as she averted her gaze. abdul appreciated that she had the decency not to stare.

"i waited bare time, yanno? and man like you are just staring at themselves in the mirror," he shook his head, aiming into the bowl.

"i was thinkin'," she confessed. "how my life got so fucked. like... why am i the one in such a shitty situation?" she leaned against the mirror, smiling to herself. what were the chances that she ran into him? here? this was surprising for sure.

abdul was a lot more relaxed when he was high. it made his stress disappear. "stop thinkin' then."

of course he'd tell her that.

"i can't. i need to get to my apartment. and i've got no money or anything." she laughed, realizing how stupid it was of her to let samaya talk her into leaving her wallet at home. at the same time, jamilah knew samaya would leave, so maybe she wanted to get stranded. maybe she wanted something bad to happen to her? she wasn't sure.

"just stay here." he was so giggly. "move over so i can wash my hands."

jamilah moved over a bit. "no, that's an easy way to get abducted." she quickly decided something bad happening wasn't what she wanted. she had enough bad happening in her life already.

"wait for the jakes, they're gonna come again."

abdul had to hide the second time they had come screaming about disturbing the peace and what not. they knew his face and would try to arrest him for just about anything.

"nah, i'd rather die."

he turned the faucet on, looking jamilah over for a second before remembering who she was. it was more a wave of good memories that he had forgotten about, yet he still couldn't recall her name. but he knew her. and he knew that she knew him as well. "you can come to mine, it don't gotta be a thing. my heads gwannin'. i couldn't fuck if i wanted to."

she laughed softly. "okay." at this point her options were limited and even after all this time she trusted him.

they left the bathroom and jamilah felt relieved.

"man don't wanna leave just yet though." he grabbed her wrist, dragging her under his arm so they were walking side by side.

jamilah laid her head against him and he kissed his teeth.

"rah, man just bought this, yeah, don't be gettin' your makeup on my ting."

"well, don't be holdin' me like this then." she responded. "you're always complainin'."

he put her in a head lock, grinning as they approached one of the crowds where people were dancing.

neither of them knew how long they danced or how they ended out in the hallway. it was really blurry after a while. they were dazed and the constant flow of shots they were taking didn't help.

"i miss this, yanno." his voice was really deep, contrasting with the soft little giggles he was letting out. jamilah thought it was funny. the song ended and the beginnings of a new one started. "i can't lie, i've missed you so fucking much."

"so you whine for me." she faced him, blinking slowly. she was well aware that she was slurring her words, there wasn't a way she couldn't have been. "spin 'round."

he didn't mention it, hardly coherent himself. "nah, you're mad!" he laughed.

'equal rights' by ishawna began playing over the speakers and she stared up at him, giggling madly because without having to look she knew everyone around them was basically having sex.

her nails brushed over his lips, smiling as she sang along. "'cos, you have a clean mouth and your lips dem sexy, treat me like a bottle of pepsi, your back nuh have no use and your face look cute-"

"nah, what are they playin'!?" abra laughed, pretending to be ignorant to what she was doing. "this is outrageous."

she continued singing along loudly, swaying her hips.

abdul put a finger near her mouth to shush her and she frowned, eyelids lowering even more. he licked his lips as the speakers died down.

"come now, jakes are comin'."

"fuck the jakes!" she said rather irate, ears still ringing, and everyone around her cheered drunkly.

for some reason the blue lights flashing through the window jolted his memory and he suddenly recalled her name.

"jamilah, let's go." he held her hand, pulling her away from the crowd that was now chanting 'fuck the police'.