percy jackson - prompt 24

word count: 600+

24."If you don't stop now I'm calling your mom!"

--------------

"My feet hurt, Y/n," the boy whined. "Let's just go find somewhere to sit." You rolled your eyes.

"It hasn't even been fifteen minutes. You're just being a baby." Percy groaned and dragged his feet as you pulled him along.

"When you said you wanted to go shopping I thought it was gonna be an in and out kinda thing. Not a let's go into every store kinda thing," he complained. You huffed in annoyance.

"I haven't been to a mall in ages and personally I think I deserve to treat myself," you stated, yanking Percy into another store. He grumbled to himself. "You don't have to just follow me, y'know," you informed. "You can look at stuff if you want. I'll pay for it."

Percy shook his head and held onto your hand tighter.

"No, no, I don't know where to go."

"You're a big boy, Perc. You can do it by yourself."

"Nooo," he drawled. "Stop trying to get rid of me."

"I'm not, I just thought maybe you wanted something for yourself."

"Yes you are. You just hate me don't you," he mumbled, nudging his hip with yours. Once again you rolled your eyes, not responding.

You never should have brought him shopping.

Opening the dressing room door you were met with the sight of Percy sitting on the pink loveseat. You cleared your throat. Making his attention snap to you, a smile breaking out in his features.

"Yes, get this one." You let out a laugh.

"You said that about the last four," you giggled. He nodded.

"It's not my fault you look good in everything," Percy stated. You rolled your eyes playfully.

"You don't mean that."

"Yes, I do. Now give me a twirl," he commanded, circuling his finger in a swift motion. He did as he asked. "Yes, this one get this one. And the other ones too, but this one specifically."

The sounds of hacking and coughing filled the quiet store.

"I told you not to spray it in your face," you stated in a harsh whisper.

"How was I supposed to smell it?"

"Your wrist Percy. Your wrist. Have you not seen me put perfume on before?"

"You do it on your neck too though. That's what I was doing," Percy explained. Your brain was hurting from his amount of stupidity.

"Yeah, my neck. Not directly into my mouth."

"Percy, people are staring. Get up or else I'm going to leave you."

"You hauled me around all day. Now you're threatening to leave me? You're so mean," he whined, slumping further into the store's carpet. You sighed.

"I'm going to count to three." Percy laughed sarcastically.

"I'm not a child, Y/n."

"Well you're acting like one so you're getting treated like one," you stated. Attempting to drag him once more, only to be met with the same outcome. Nothing. "Alright I didn't want it to come to this," you mumbled pulling out your phone.

"What are you doing?" He questioned eyeing your typing fingers.

"If you don't stop now I'm calling your mom!" You announced revealing your screen. Percy's body instantly froze.

"You wouldn't," he grumbled darkly. You simply shrugged and hit the call button. The quiet rings were heard. Percy shot up, scrambling to grab the phone from you. "Stop it, Y/n. Whenever you complain about anything she scolds me like I killed a dog." You let out a snort, rushing to exit the store, the boy rushing behind you.

Entering the parking lot you ended the call before Sally could answer, pulling up her contact to text her that it was a butt dial. You looked back up at Percy who was pouting helplessly next to you. Snorting at his facial expression, you grabbed his hand.

"Was that so hard? We just had to make it across the entryway."

"Yes, yes it was. I'm practically dying because of it."

"You fought mythical monsters. I'm pretty sure you can handle a little shopping spree."