max mayfield - beach date

word count: 200+

Your head rested in her lap while Max leaned back onto her hands. Your own held a book. A breeze passed by, flipping your pages in the process.

Sighing you tossed the object to the side, sick of the endless amount of times you have had to re-find your spot. Max looked down through her sun glasses, tipping them down to the edge of her nose.

"Ready to hit the water again?" You pondered the thought for a moment. Before deciding you roasted in the sun long enough. With a grunt you stood, holding a hand out to help Max up from the beach towel beneath her. The hot sand filled between your toes.

"Hold on," you mumbled, snagging a water bottle that was previously sat down and taking a swig from it. Handing it over to the girl to your right you gazed out at the waves. A seagull rested on the water. It rolled over the ripples.

"Race ya." A gasp fell from your lips as Max took off running.

"You cheater! You got a head start!" You called out, taking off after her. She broke through the shores waters. Laughing she turned around ready to claim her victory only to find you tackling her into the surface.

Bubbling with giggles while you resurfaced the both of you still held each other close. Her nose brushed against yours and in an instant her lips met yours. Smiles shared between you both as your teeth clashed lightly.

However that only lasted so long till a wave submerged you both again.