max mayfield - prompt 57

word count: 500+

57. "it's your turn to do the dishes." "let's get a divorce." "we aren't married yet, my love." "well we sure as hell aren't getting married now."

-------------

You grabbed the remaining plates and dishes that were scattered across the table and brought them to the kitchen. Setting them in the sink and rinsing them quickly. When you returned back to the dining room you were met with the sight of Max slouching in her chair, a hand placed on her stomach. A groan left her lips as she continued to slide down the woods. Maybe just maybe she shouldn't have ate that extra plate of lasagna.

A chuckle left your lips as your rested a hand on the table, leaning into it.

"It's your turn to do the dishes," you informed, tossing a dish rag at her. She gave you a rather offended expression, letting the cloth fall to the floor without a second glance.

"You think I can do that in my condition? Let's get a divorce." You let out a snort.

"We aren't married yet, my love."

"Well we sure as hell aren't getting married now. I'll take the ring back." You hummed in response, rather amused.

"You sure you want to?" Max pursed her lips pretending to think about it

"Probably not, but I don't know if I can live with a lover who makes me do hard labor when I'm physically struggling."

"And want are you physically struggling with?" You questioned, approaching her, placing both hands on either arm of her chair, traping her.

"I'm pregnant. Are you really gonna make a pregnant woman get up and make her do work?" Your eyes widened in fake shock.

"You are? Do you know what youre having?"

"A food baby," she stated, slapping her stomach lightly. You through your head back in laughter. Max admired your smile and let out a chuckle as well. Placing her own hands on your hips and pulling you down to rest on her lap.

*Carful don't want to crush the food baby," you warned. Max shrugged jokingly.

"Meh, I didn't really want a kid right now anyways, got other things focused on my mind," she mumbled, grabbing your hand and admiring the ring on your finger. You followed her eyes as she scanned over it.

"You picked out a good one," you stated. Max scoffed.

"Well, of course I did. You think I'd get anything but the best for you?" You beamed at her shaking your head.

"Only the best from you," you whispered against her lips. She leaned forward connecting yours to hers. Slowly your mouths moved together. You hummed gently against her. Pulling away she scanned your features with a loving stare.

"You deserve the best," she murmured, admiring your eyes. You cupped her face and traced her cheeks as her thumbs rubbed your sides gently.

"This isn't going to get you out of doing the dishes I hope you know. It is your tur-"

"I take back everything I just said."

"Max!"

"Do them with me and I'll forgive you."

"Forgive me?"

"Yes, you're highly offending me right now."

"Oh my gosh-"

"Join me "

"Fine! Fine! You wash, I'll dry, deal?"

"Deal."