Chapter 50: One's True Nature

When Song took her thumb from her father's forehead, tears were falling down his cheeks. He collapsed to his hands and knees, feeling the pain and sadness that he had been suppressing for so many years resurface.

              Song looked out over the sea of soldiers, her voice as clear as the feeling in their hearts. "Come, my family, we are returning home. The last freedom in the world will not be taken this day."

              Song kneeled next to her father, who was too ashamed to look her in the eyes. "My dear Song . . ." he said, his voice broken and frail. "W-What have I done? I have killed your uncle and my last friend in the world . . . I—"

              He grabbed the sword from the ground, turning it towards himself. "I do not deserve to live!" But just before he could plunge the sword into his belly, he felt a strong presence take hold of the hilt, and it was unmovable.

              "All things change."

               It was the voice of Kailas.

              "And it is you who must now change the world."

-----------------

Ahoy my friend! Thanks for reading The Monastery!

If you would like to meet the creators, artists and storytellers of this tale, see exclusive concept art from our cosmos, along with check out our other high-fantasy book/manga series, The Curseborn Saga, you are welcome to come join our Discord, which can be found through the Official Monastery Novel LinkTree!

We'd be honored to meet you! Take care, and peace!

https://linktr.ee/themonasterynovel