Chapter 16: Absent Students

Third person pov

It was Friday, everyone's favorite day of the week. Laura walked through the crowded hallways, books held tightly against her chest and her head looking down. As she made her way to class, she bumped into Riker,

"Laura! you're okay!" he said as he tightly hugged her. Laura didn't do or say anything causing Riker to release her, "Wait, are you okay?"

She put on the best fake smile, "Yeah I'm okay," She wasn't ok; she had a make out session with Ross on the beach only to drop the false hope bomb. Here's the truth, Laura didn't kiss Ross because of the 'false hope' and shit, oh no. She kissed him because she wanted to kiss him, she needed to kiss him for reasons she doesn't quite understand.

"You disappeared! We were looking for you," Riker stated hugging her again.

"Oh sorry I forgot to tell you guys, I um had a serious family emergency and I completely forgot to text you guys" Laura was definitely getting better at this lying thing.

"Oh well no worries, you're still alive so that's all that matters," he chuckled, waved at Laura and continued his way to class.

Laura walked into her class taking her usual seat behind Rydel. As she sat down, Rydel quickly turned around and immediately bombarded her with question,

"Laura where were you? Are you okay? Don't ever do that again!" she stopped when she saw Laura place her head down on the desk.

"Family emergency," Laura said.

Rydel looked at Laura for a little longer before turning back around. By the looks of it, something happened that was pretty big or tragic. Rydel didn't want to push Laura, she understands how big family problems are so she left Laura in peace.

Laura doesn't really want to talk to anyone. She feels she better not talk since her mouth probably screwed up her love life and she didn't want her mouth to screw up her friendships too.

***************

It was lunch time, Laura sat quietly at the end of the table, her food in front of her. She wasn't hungry, all she felt was... she doesn't even know what she feels! The rest of her friends were talking about some football game or something, Laura wasn't paying much attention since she was lost in thought.

"Did you hear?" Laura heard a girl say from the table behind them. The girl had brown hair and there was another girl with red hair.

"About what?" the red head asked.

"Ross Lynch didn't come to school today" brunette whispered.

Ross didn't come to school? Laura thought. She hadn't really noticed Ross was absent until now.

"Surprise surprise, hello we're talking about Ross the school's 'bad boy'" a boy with black hair piped in.

"No but his best friends did come to school," red head countered.

"So?" the other girl asked.

"He doesn't do anything without his best friends"

"You got a point but maybe the guy's just sick" the boy said shrugging.

"Could be but Emma Jones is absent also" red head said smirking.

She's absent too?

"Oh, you think they're doing it" brunette added smirking too.

"Probably, I heard they've done it like 10 times already" the boy said making the girls laugh.

Laura turned around, not wanting to hear any more of the conversation. She knew this could happen, it was Ross we're talking about. When Laura kissed him at the movies he promised he would change, that he will never bang Emma again. Laura was hopeful, she hopped he meant it. Put it turns out it was just a lie, that he was caught up in the moment. Deep down she knew it was a lie, Ross wasn't just going to change his entire life because a girl kissed him and told him she liked him. Old habits die hard.