Chapter 9: Welcome Bash!

Laura's pov

We were in Rydel's room getting ready for the welcome bash tonight. Vanessa texted everyone this morning saying we were having one last practice in Rydel's house. Then Rydel called me telling me to bring my outfit because we were going to get ready together.

"Are you guys excited?" Vanessa asked finishing off her nails.

"Super excited!" Rydel squealed.

I shrugged, "I don't know, it's a lot of people" After hours and hours of discussing with the band, they are obligating me to perform at least one song and it has to be a duet with hotshot.

"You're going to be fine," Vanessa assured.

"If by 'fine' you mean embarrassing myself in front of the whole school" I was sitting in Rydel's mushi pick bean bag which by the way is awesome!

Vanessa and Rydel just rolled their eyes "Oh my god show me your outfits" Rydel said as Vanessa pulled out her outfit, a black long sleeved crop top with these awesome galaxy jeans and black heels. After they fangirled over Vanessa's outfit, Rydel pulled out hers. A pink crop top with a black high-low skirt and pink pumps. I'm way underdressed; Rydel is going to kill me.

"What about yours Laura?" Rydel asked. I pulled out my torn up jeans, a red crop top and black converse. Their mouth dropped to the floor. "You can't be serious?" Rydel asked.

"Yup" I said smiling.

"Oh hell to the no" they said in unison.

"Well then what are you gonna do about it? I am not going home to find another outfit" I said.

"Oh honey don't worry, there's enough clothe in my closet to dress every girl in Africa, I'm pretty sure we can find something you like" Rydel said as she and Vanessa started walking toward a pink glittery door.

"What's your favorite color?" Vanessa asked.

"Um red" She nodded and went inside the door. "Am I supposed to go in there?" no one answered so I just shrugged and I was going to seat back on the bean bag when I hear Rydel yell my name. "Coming" I yelled back as I sighed and walked inside the door.

*******

We spent like forever in there, so much pink. But I, well more like Rydel and Vanessa decided for me, decided to go with a short red dress and some silver platform heels. I don't know what I'm most nervous about, the fact that I'll have to perform in front of the whole school or that I have to wear very tall heals.

After my participation of Rydel's and Vanessa's very own "What Not To Wear" episode we started talking about movies we wanted to watch. I was lying on the bean bag upside down when the door exploded open and the boys came running in. We squealed as we began throwing pillows at them, our aim sucked so the boys really didn't get hit much. Instead the boys grabbed the pillows and threw them back at us, a full blown pillow fight was happening.

After our war, the boys obviously won, everyone just sat down somewhere and just chilled for a while. I went back to my mushi bean bag and lied face down. Ross was about to sit on the floor in front of me but instead a smirk spread across his lips.

He stood in front of me, his back was facing me. I immediately knew what he was doing.

"Don't you dare" I warned him.

He smiled as he grabbed his chest and gasped.

"Oh no! Gravity is increasing on me" he yelled before beginning to drop back.

"No it's not" I said as I tried to push him away but he just kept falling back until he fell backwards on top of me "Your butt is crushing me!" I tried to hit him but he didn't seem to be affected by it so after a while I just gave up "Fine just crush me to death!" Ross chuckled.