Chapter 5: It's Damn Hard Not To Like Her!

Vanessa's pov

Everyone leaned over till our heads touched and looked at the coin.......

Tales.

He wasn't gonna do it.

You could see the disappointment in everyone's face. Ross was sort of our lead singer, without him I don't think it would be able for the band to work unless Laura over comes her stage fright.

"Well I guess you won't be in the band then," Rocky said with a sigh.

"I guess not," Ross looked at the floor.

"Well-um we can still do this we have Laura and everyone else, we can do this!" I said trying to lighten up the mood (it failed by the way)

There was an awkward silence.

"Look guys Im sorry but to tell you the truth I wasn't going to do it any way. Im the bad boy in this school, what would people think if I join a band and that I sing and know how to play instruments. My rep would be ruined and I wouldn't be able to score anymore girls. Maybe it's for the best. Good luck guys. Hope everything works out for you," Ross stood up, walking toward the door. Before stepping out, he looked back at us with a frown. His eyes scanned over all of us but stayed a particularly long time on Laura. For a second, I thought he was coming back. But instead he shook his head and walked out the door.

"Ok... so remember we have practice tomorrow, please come" Rocky pleaded.

Everyone nodded then said goodbyes and went their separate ways.

~~~~~~Next day~~~~~

Third person pov

"Ratliff its a simple 1 2 3 beat! Lets try it again" Rocky yelled at Ratliff.

They began the beat again but it didn't sound right so Rydel stopped playing.

"Okay, this isn't working," Rydel yelled making them stop.

"We'll get it. We just have to keep practicing" Vanessa encouraged.

"Also, maybe we need to go a little bit more hardcore" Rocky said.

Everyone sighed and glared at Rocky, Riker even threw his hands up in the air.

Rydel huffed, "That's it. Im out of here" She turned off her keyboard and started walking towards her bag.

"What? your just gonna stomp away?" Rocky said, an edge of anger and frustration in his voice

"Yeah. Please Rydel don't leave" Laura said walking towards her.

"In case you guys hadn't realized, Im classically trained, on the grand piano. And trust me that thing sounds nothing like a grand piano" Rydel began grabbing her stuff.

"I'm-I'm out too" Ratliff said standing up from his drums.

"What?" Rocky yelled, clearly frustrated.

"Guys. Come on, we can work this out" Riker encouraged.

"Yeah Riker's right. Maybe if we take it from the top one more time?" Laura asked.

"They're quitting before we even started. They're quitters!" Vanessa snapped.

"Look I agreed to come to this if everyone else agreed, and as far as I'm concerned our lead singer is not here!" Rydel snapped back. She grabbed her bag and began walking to the door as Ratliff picked up his bag too.

"Sorry guys" He mumbled.

"Please guys wait. Rydel please" Laura said going after them.

This was getting intense and all because Ross the douche bag decided that he is too cool for us and has a "rep to protect" , Laura thought.