Chapter 14: Bloody Conscience

The chapter somehow got deleted so I had to post it again.

Laura's pov

We all have that one place where we can just go and be alone and just think about your shitty life and the shitty choices you make in it. Well my place happens to be this huge tree in the middle of the beach. I love it how the water just makes a little pool at the bottom and if you go high enough you have a perfect view of the entire beach. The tree has a tire swing, a rope and two regular swings. And the sounds of the waves, they're just so relaxing.

I've never told anyone about this place, not even Ariel, that's why I came here; I know they will never think of finding me here.

I texted Ariel before turning off my phone that I was going to be staying with a friend for a couple of days and she was ok with it. I know what I did to my friends was wrong, running away without even telling them anything. As for Ross, I don't even know what to think.

I hear my bad conscience, who coincidently looks exactly like me but with red clothe and some sort of British accent? Yelling at me "Why in the bloody hell did you bloody kiss that jerk?!"

"I don't know" I said "I-I just had to kiss him!"

But then comes my good conscience, which also looks like me but with white clothe and no crazy British accent "She's only human, everyone makes mistakes. Beside Ross is very attractive and nice and funny..."

"And a manwhore and a player and an overall asshole" added bad conscience.

"Well after that kiss maybe he changed" shrugged good conscience.

"Did you get dropped on your head one to many times?! He is too much of an egotistical jerk to change especially for a girl"

"But what if he did? I have a feeling you should check your phone" she points to my purse hanging from a branch.

I look at it hesitantly "No I doubt he wants anything to do with me" I pulled my arm back. No one dares to play with Ross, after all he is the bad boy in school. And I just kissed him and ditched him. He must be absolutely furious with me.

"But what if he does?" said good conscience pointing to the purse.

"Bullshit!" yells bad conscience crossing her arms over her chest.

"Come on just look at it, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" she said smiling.

She has a point, in a way.

I slide my hand in my purse and pull out my phone. I look at it for a couple of seconds before pressing the on button.

As the screen lights up I see a million missed calls from Rydel, Vanessa, Riker, Ratliff and Rocky; no calls from Ross. When I get to the texts my eyes widen.

"What? What does the text say?" asked bad conscience.

"Laura are you with Ross? We can't find him anywhere!" I read out loud.

Bad and good consciences gasp.

"H-he's missing too?" I said to myself.

"Ok well if he's missing too, there are 4 options of where he can be," said good conscience as she started pacing back and forth "He can be looking for you right now, he could be hiding just like we are..."

"He could be drunk at a bar or in some girls bedroom, if you know what I mean" finished bad conscience.

"Maybe we should call him, I'm pretty sure he'll answer you" good conscience suggested.

"There is no bloody way we are calling that douchbag" bad conscience argued.

"He is our friend, we have to call him!"

"Uh correction, frenemy"

"So?"

"So?! Are you forgetting what he did to us?!"

Good and bad conscience continued to argue.

I read the text over and over again. If he's missing too he must be either really mad and slept with a girl as a distraction, or he's shocked and is looking for me right now for answers, or maybe it can be both.

"Guys..." I said as they continued to argue "Guys..." I said a little louder but they still hadn't stopped "Guys!!" I practically yell causing them to stop

"What?" They both said

"You're not helping?"

"Oh right. Ok back to the topic" said good conscience "How do you feel toward Ross right now?"

I thought about it for a second "I'm mad at him"

"Why?" asked bad conscience.

"Well... he broke me, but I'm mad at him because I still like him"

"Exactly" said good conscience nodding

"I don't want to like him!"

Bad conscience huffs "Look you little piece of shit, you can't just give up on someone because the bloody situation is not ideal. Great relationships aren't great because they have no freaking problems. They're great because both people care enough about the other bloody person to find a way to make it work"

We stare at bad conscience in awe.

"Um yeah what she said" stuttered good conscience still a little shocked.

Ross may not be perfect but then again I'm not either. I truly want to be Ross' friend and ignoring him because I'm letting my feelings cloud my better judgement, won't accomplish that. Okay so yeah, maybe I have a small crush on Ross Shor Lynch, Marino High's school bad boy and player. But Ross is my friend, I can't just turn my back on him like that.

"Someone's coming" whispers good conscience.

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear some leaves rustling .

"What do I do?" I whispered in panic.

"Just remember you're doing the wrong thing" smiles bad conscience.

"Honey you're doing the right thing" smiles good conscience.

Before I have time to ask them what the hell they just said, they disappeared!

"Bloody conscience" I mumbled as I tried to get a look of whose coming...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
👋👋Hola peoplee👋👋
Im soooooo sorry I couldn't update sooner, school is killing me😭😭 and every time I think I have nothing to do my friends invite me some place or my boyfriends ask me out on a date and I cant say no to them😭

Enough of my shitty personal life lets talk about thai chapter😏😏
I know its short but you're gonna absolutely adore the next chapter😍😍😏 and I promise it will be longer

Who do you think the person is??😏😏

Hope you enjoyed the chapter😘💜
Vote and comment💚
Stay Rossome💕
~Vero🍭✌️