Chapter 18: I'm Sorry

Author's note

HIiiiiiii people, I am alive!

Sorry for disappearing, 9th grade is not easy and I'm just lazy as fudge.

I recommend to re-read the entire story because I edited most chapters. Some were just minor details but others I changed the whole chapter.

I'm not saying that I will be updating now because I still have school and other extra-curricle activities.

Enjoy the long awaited chapter!

******************************

Laura's pov

2 days.

I spent 2 days with my pajamas, in bed, watching Netflix, and ate a tub of ice cream every 2 hours.

Ross has not left my mind for a second. I have all these 'what if's' swarming my mind. What if he was telling the truth? What if he actually meant his promise? What if he really does like me?

I know I can be stubborn and close minded most of the time. It's all partially my fault for not believing Ross, maybe if I would have stayed and listened this could have been a different story. But on the other hand, he hurt me. And maybe if I would have stayed, he would probably have said something even more hurtful.

After thinking about it all weekend, I decided that I was going to burry my feelings for Ross and tell him that I want to be friends. It's going to hurt like crazy, I know, but maybe it's for the best. I still haven't found a viable reason why but I know there's a reason it's for the best if we stay as friends.

Now it's Monday. I don't exactly know how I'm going to deal with Ross but for now, I managed to put it aside so I can concentrate on my school work.

I was in my locker, stuffing all my books inside when Rydel walked up to me. She had a half smile on her face, which I returned.

"I need to talk to you," she said.

I nodded my head and followed her into the supply closet, the only place where we can actually have a private conversation.

Rydel decided to go straight to the point, "Ross didn't sleep with Emma."

"Jeez you couldn't have sugar-coated it," I mumbled.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not Willy Wonka, I don't sugarcoat shit."

That managed to make me crack a full on smile. But sadly it didn't last long.

"I know for a fact that he did not sleep with Emma," Rydel states again.

I am surprised Rydel is actually sticking up for Ross. She doesn't exactly like him and yet she's helping him?

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I talked to Ross and he had no idea where Emma was. So I called Emma to confirm it. She was sick yesterday."

She actually called Emma? Wow

I was still a little hesitant, "How do I know you're not lying to me? You hate Ross and now you're sticking up for him. That is not normal."

Rydel frowned, I know what I said hurt. I just told her I don't trust her but it's the truth, I need solid evidence. She took out her phone, quickly entering her password and going to her contacts. She clicked on the one that said 'b*tch*, which I presume is Emma, and put in on speaker.

"What do you want now b*tch?" a nasally voice answered followed by a cough.

"Hi Emma," Rydel said, "I just wanted to ask you why you didn't come to school yesterday?"