Chapter 8: Ok Maybe Just a Little

~That night~

Third person pov

Laura was in her room stalking famous people on instagram like every other night when she gets a call from a unknown number, Laura just shrugs and decided to pick it up.

"Hello?" she said into the phone.

She hears a long sigh "Laura I finally found you!"

Laura chuckles. She found it funny because it was like a scene from a romance movie but instead of being in person it was by phone, and she didn't know the person she was talking to. "What? who is t-" she stops mid sentence, realization washing over her, a smirk spreads upon her lips "hotshot, how did you get my number?"

"I didn't, I heard you giving it to Rydel but I forgot the order of the numbers. I called like 15 other people before I finally got it right" Ross said, she could hear him lying back on his bed.

She giggled "Well what do you want to tell me that is so important that made you call 15 other people"

"Remember that deal we made like 2 weeks ago?"

"Yea you were going to come to my house to watch Netflix and I was going over to yours to watch Nickelodeon and Boomerang" How could she forget? she was looking forward to that day the minute they made the deal.

"Yeah well how does tomorrow work for you?" Ross was a little nervous. Don't take it the wrong way, this is under no circumstances a date. Just a couple of friends meeting up to watch tv, totally normal right?

"Hum let me check my agenda" Laura mentally giggled, she wasn't checking any agenda, she wanted to make him wait "I'll have to cancel a few things but I'll make it"

Ross laughed "Laura you and I both know you don't have shit tomorrow. You just wanted to make me wait" Ross smirked, he knew what she was doing.

Laura blushed "I did not!" she yelled into the phone.

He chuckled "Yeah sure you did"

Laura growled " I hate you"

"So it's settled then tomorrow?" Ross said smiling, completely ignoring her last comment.

"Yeah, oh and just so you know, your contact name is hotshot" She smirked as she heard him chuckle.

He shook his head smiling "Bye Laura"

"Bye hotshot" and with that they ended the call. Laura smiled as she entered his contact name. She wondered what was her contact name in his phone, it must be something really funny she thought.

Laura looked at the bed next to her and found her roommate, mouth slacked open and eyes as big as a pug's.

Laura's roommate's name was Ariel. She had natural red hair, blue-greenish eyes and pale skin; she was literally the real life little mermaid. Ariel was one year older than Laura. They have been living together since Laura was in 10th grade. She's like Laura's second cousin.

"Who was that?" she questioned.

"No one" Laura said as she continued to stalk people on Instagram.

"It didn't sound like a no one. Is he your boyfriend?!" she squealed.

"No he's just my friend/enemy" she shrugged. She couldn't really describe what they were, one minute they're all teasing each other and playing and the next they hate each other.

"So he's your frenemy?"

She shrugged again "Yea sure"

"Well Im guessing you won't be frenemies for long. You're going over to his house tomorrow?" Ariel wiggled her eyebrows.