Chapter 4: Fluke or Destiny?

*****NEXT DAY*****

Laura's pov

I was in history class with Ross when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and found a text from an unknown number: fluke or destiny? we need to talk. Crusty's after school .

I looked up from my phone and glanced towards Ross direction who was already looking at me with a confused look on his face. I thought it was him that sent that text but his expression said it all. Either way I didn't care, I said no and no is no, Im not going.

---------------------

I walked into Crusty's pizzeria and quickly found everyone sitting in a table, Vanessa was wildly waving at me so I walked towards them and sat next to Riker. As soon as I sat down the pizza arrived, everyone quickly grabbed 2 slices and placed them in their plate.

I don't even know why Im here, I said to myself I wasn't coming and from the look on Ross's face when he received the text, it looked like he wasn't going to come either and here we are.

"We talked about this, its not gonna happen!" Riker said looking at Rocky and Vanessa with a straight face.

"Sure it is," Vanessa said taking a bight out of her pizza.

"We signed us up for the Welcome Bash this morning," Rocky said smiling.

Everyone's eyes widened, "You what?!"

"Yupp" they both said.

"But We're not experienced enough" Ratliff pointed out.

"That's why we are gonna practice everyday after school" Vanessa said.

"What are we going to play?" I asked.

"You could write our songs, after all yesterday's song was amazing!" Rocky said taking a sip from his drink.

"That was just... I think Im going to be sick" All of a sudden I became pale as the snow and felt dizzy.  

"We can't play at the bash, The Vamps are playing there," Ross pointed out.

The Vamps always played in the Welcome Bash and no one dares to cross them.

"And we are opening for them," Vanessa said high fiving Rocky.

They just had an answer for everything!

"I don't know about you guys but I don't wanna be a random face in the yearbook or a kid you faintly remember passing through the halls, I want to be a school legend" Rocky said taking a bite from his pizza.

"But Im already a 'someone' in this school!" Rydel wined.

"Me too!" Ross protested.

"Think in the rest of us," Vanessa said.

Ross and Rydel looked at everyone.

"Come guys we're seniors, this is our last year in Marino High, we will probably never see each other again. This is our chance to leave a mark in this school and make a difference"

Everyone was silent for a moment ,contemplating the situation. I mean who wouldn't want to be a legend and have kids look up to you and everything but Maia can be very intimidating and I for one have stage fright. 

"So Vanessa and I are in, who's with us?" Rocky said.

"Ill try, only everyone else agrees" Rydel said.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" Vanessa said hugging Rydel.

"Ill try it" Ratliff said.

"Thanks man" Rocky side hugged him.

"I guess Im in too," Riker said.

"Yes!" Vanessa said high fiving him.

Their was a moment of silence then everyone's looks turn to Ross and me.

"Pretty please?" Vanessa begged.

"No" I said.

"C'mon pretty pretty please?"

"No"

"Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?" She stared at me with her puppy eyes who could probably melt your soul if you looked at them for too long.

"Ok fine!" I had to give in.

"Thats my girl!" Vanessa fist bumped me as I sighed. So much for "no is no".

Then everyone's attention turned to Ross.

"Tell you what.." he took a quarter out of his pocket, "Heads I do it, tales I don't" he flipped the coin and it landed right in the middle of the table.

Everyone leaned over till our heads touched and looked at the coin...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think will happen?

Stay rossome😘💕

~Vero🍭