Chapter 10: Clichès and Baskin Robbins

Laura's pov

Ratliff, Rydel, Riker, Rocky, Vanessa and I were walking to the car. I was at the back of the pack just thinking about everything that happened. I'm still mad and I still don't know why but I know I have a good cause I just haven't found it yet.

Vanessa and Rydel, who were at the front, stopped and waited till I caught up with them.

"What's wrong?" Rydel asked with worry.

"Nothing," I said, "Just thinking about stuff"

They apparently decided not to push it because they looked at each other and just shut up. When we got to the car it was the same seating arrangements: Rydel got to ride shotgun, Vanessa was on Riker's lap again and I was on Rocky's lap.

As I sat in Rocky's lap it felt different, Ross would wrap his arms around my waist and rest his head on my back but Rocky placed his hands on his sides and leaned backwards as far away from me as possible. I looked to my side and found Riker and Vanessa asleep; Vanessa's head was resting on Riker's shoulder, his hands were wrapped tightly around her as his head was resting on top of hers, they had a smile on both of their faces. Suddenly Ross was all I could think about, the hug he gave me after we performed, how much fun we had in his house, that smirk of his, his smile, his hair. I shook my head getting rid of the thoughts. I closed my eyes and sighed, I wasn't going to let him ruin the rest of my night.

----------

"Thanks for coming with me" I said as we walked into Baskin Robbins, my favorite ice cream place.

"No problem. I thought we were going to eat something together after the bash but I guess everyone had something more interesting to do," he said shrugging.

"I thought the same," I said as we laughed.

We walked up to the counter and a guy greeted us with a smile.

"I want rainbow sherbet, two scoops and lots of sprinkles" I said.

"I want the same but mint chocolate" he said.

I looked at him in surprise, "That's my second favorite ice cream; you have to give me a taste"

"Only if you give me a taste of yours," he said pointing at my ice cream as it was being served.

"Deal" I extended my hand and he shook it as we both laughed.

"Here you go" the ice cream guy said handing us our ice creams. We quickly payed and sat down at the bar like table.

"Now give me a taste," I said opening my mouth.

He rolled his eyes, grabbing some ice cream as he started doing the 'spoon airplane thing'.

I chuckled as he finally put the spoon in my mouth "Um sweet sweet minty freshness"

"Now you have to give me some of yours," he said smirking.

I smirked grabbing my spoon as I did the same thing to him.

He groaned, "Give it to me already"

As I was about to put it in his mouth I quickly stuffed it in my mouth instead.

"Hey that's not fair we have a deal!" he whined.

I smirked grabbing another spoonful but before I could put it in my mouth he grabbed my wrist and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Hey!" I protested as he chuckled.

There was a moment of silence, ours eyes were locked together. He placed his hand behind my cheek as he slowly began to close the space between us. He closed his eyes and I closed mine as his lips got closer and closer until his lips finally met mine. It was my first kiss! Pathetic I know.