36

Aria's Pov: 

Aria's Pov: 

I never really thought of myself as a thief.

 Well I didn't even think of myself as a gold-digger either and yet here I was at a rich mans house, eating, sleeping and living of his wealth.

I guess being locked up in a pretty house truly did change you. 

Anyways back to my little thieving nature that I had just discovered recently. I went to the dining room downstairs to eat the fluffy pancakes that I hoped they would be serving. They didn't. 

It was fucking waffles. Fine perhaps i'm being extremely picky but those were also decently good as well, I guess. No actually they were pretty good I'll admit, but then I got put off of eating them due to Athena's remark. 

As I was eating them Athena appeared out of nowhere (I'm seriously considering asking her if she has a certain superpower because I swear she appears out of thin air, its quite scary.) 

So as I was eating these decent waffles in peace, Athena teleports to behind me (I'm sure that this is Athena's powers, I had to rule out flying because the windows were closed, however the articles online are proving me wrong, I'm certain its true). 

After Athena appears behind me I nearly choke on my waffles when I hear her speak, and then she says 

"Oh, waffles? Well I guess since these are The king Of Club's favourite dessert it would make sense." she mumbles. 

I nearly spat the remaining food out. 

The King of Clubs was non other then the crazy man who killed his father. I could just imagine him pouring blood on the waffles instead of the chocolate syrup provided. That was enough to put me of. 

I went to retreat back into my room but not before one of the guards caught my eyes. He had a lighter in his hand, lighting his cigarette up. 

This was when I found the extreme urge to steal it off of him. I really truly missed my beautiful lighter, it really did light my world up. Quite literally, 

He was walking towards me so all I did was walk into him. He fell over and so did his lighter. Immediately he looked up at me ready to shout, but when he saw me he looked scared. 

"Y-you are the King Jokers girl-girlfriend." He spluttered. 

I tried hard to control my facial features when he said that. Ew. I really needed this lighter. I smiled down at him sweetly. 

"Yes?" I asked innocently 

He scrambled up and bowed his head at me. His lighter was lying about two feet from me, he hadn't noticed it yet. Fuck. I stepped forward until the lighter was right by my foot. He still hadn't noticed, his head was still looking down on the floor. 

"I have committed a crime. Please forgive me." He sounded like he was going to cry. 

Crime? All he did- ok all 'I' did was walk into him. How an earth was that a crime?