MLB

I never thought this day would come. I've played baseball since I could walk and The St.Louis Cardinals just drafted me. I am now a Major League Baseball Player, a rookie.
I told my mom i was gonna make her proud And i can't wait to tell her the news.
"Hello, this is katherine." She answered the phone.
"Hey mom." I said getting in my car.
"Hey baby, how are try outs going?" She asked.
"Mom remember when I told you I was gonna make you so proud of me?" I smiled.
"You already make me proud baby, but yes, I do remember that."
"Mom the STL cardinals just drafted me! I'm going to be playing for the Cardinals!MLB mom!"I said.
"Oh my god! Joseph!Michael made the team! My baby! I'm so proud of you michael! " She in a teary voice.
"I did it mom. I did it." I smiled.
" your gonna make history baby." She said.
When I got to tell my mom that news, I felt do much pride. This was the day I've been waiting for. I'm 22 years old and I'm playing for the stl cards.

I've played for the Cardinals for 2 years now. Other teams have tried to draft me but I turned down their offers. STL has became home.
"Mike you coming out tonight?" Matt asked.
"Yeah, hold on man. " I said grabbing my jacket. We got in our cars then headed for the clubs.
"Here's yalls drinks, if you need anything else, my name is Ally." She smiled seductively.
I leaned over to Matts ear, "How much you wanna bet I tap that tonight." I smiled.
" I'm not making those bets with you anymore. Your always right!" He laughed.
And i was right. I'm not a player. I don't promise these girls anything. I tell them it's just sex and that's it. I started doing this when I realized being in the MLB, you don't have time to date and the fact there's a lot of gold diggers. But that's why me and some of the guys have came up with a 3 step test for girls. A test they don't even realize their taking.
Step one: what kind of family do you come from
Step two: what do you do for a living.
Step three: offer to buy her a drink and take her home.
If they fail the 3rd step then their done.
Only a couple of guys have had girls pass the test. I haven't had any....
"Mike, do you have your stuff packed for spring training, coach wants to make sure everyone is ready tomorrow morning." Matt asked.
" Yeah, where are we doing spring training any ways? "
"Florida."
***
We flew to Florida and unpacked our stuff.
"Mike, you gotta come to this lounge. It's so nice and calm. It's where I met my wife." Jon smiled proudly.
"You want me to come to a lounge, where you met your wife?" I chuckled.
" yeah, maybe you'll meet your soul mate. The place is known for people falling in love." He giggled.
" Yeah yeah, whatever. I'll go to your lounge. Just give me any hour to get ready." I said.
I showered then put on some fresh slacks and a nice button up.
"Alright Jon I'm ready. Who else is coming? " I asked.
"Matt,Jason and a couple others." He answered.
***
We were chilling at the lounge and it was pretty nice and calming, listening to soft music while us guys just talk.
Then this older dude come up to us.
"Jon, my man! How's it going?" He asked pulling Jon into a hug.
"Aye! Carlos! I'm good, what about you?" He returned the hug.
"Good good, how's the wife?"
"She's good, she's flying down here in a couple of days."
"So you boys doing your spring training down here?"
"Yeah, but keep it on the down low who we are. We just want a calm surroundings."
"Of course, anything for you Jon........so you brought your buddy's here to meet their soul mate i see." Carlos giggled.
"Hopefully! These guys need someone to keep them tamed." We all laughed.
"Well come in tomorrow. That's when my singer comes in. She's a beauty." Carlos said.
"Dibs!" Matt hollered.
"Ehhh I'd be careful. She's not much of a baseball fan. But I gotta go. Come by tomorrow. That's when we have discounts and singers."
"Will do carlos. " Jon said.
..... " so we're coming here tomorrow again? " I asked not wanting to.
" Just for a little bit. Let's just listen to his singer then leave. Alright? " he asked as if it was a favor. We all nodded.
We hung out for a bit longer then we went home.
We had the next day off, so we all just chilled by the pool till it hit 4pm. We started getting ready to go to the lounge again.
"You ready mike?" Jon asked.
" yeah, I'll be down there in a second."I replied.
***
We made it to the lounge. Some smooth Jazz was playing and we had a pretty good looking waitress this. But she had slut written all over her.
"Well its 6pm, his singer should be here soon." Jon said.
" hopefully she can sing good, my ears can't bare anymore shit ass singing like Matts." I laughed.
"I can sing better then you!" Matt laughed.
"Hell nah! Bitch you never heard me sing!" I replied.
We then heard the mic come on. Our attention then turned to the stage. There was 4 girls. Someone counted off and the girls held a note harmonizing, and they sounded good.
"Okay, thank you. Hello everyone. I'm Mickey Blare and I'll be singing for you guys tonight. Enjoy." She smiled. God her voice was soft and smooth.
She sang 4 different songs; Nobody love, Dear No one,confetti and stained. Her voice was like angels. Like I could not stop looking at her in the tight black dress. She had long curls that went past her breast and these hypnotizing greenish eyes.
She finished her last song. We all clapped for her.
"Carlos wasn't kidding," Matt said.
"No shit." I said watching her walk off stage.
" look at this fool, getting googly eyes for this chick!" Jason said pointing at me.
She came off stage then sat at the bar.
"Put her to the test Mike." Jon encouraged.
After I saw she got settled i did. There's no way I was not talking to her. God please don't let her be a slut!
I got up and went her way. She was counting her money, when i sat next to her.
" claire, hand me the remote please." She asked in a irritated tone.
"Baseball on again?" Claire giggled.
" yeah, who gives 2 fucks about spring training? I can't stand baseball." She groaned changing the channel.
Damn....maybe this isn't a good idea.
"Can I get you something sir?" Claire the bartender asked.
" um yeah. Bloody Mary and something for her." I smirked looking over.
"No thank you. If you are sitting here to either buy me a drink or to get in my pants your wasting your time. " She said put something in her purse then looking at me. She was gonna be a hard nut to crack but damn she's fine.
" okay then." I giggled.
She turned the channel to some R&B music videos. She hummed the songs as she was writing stuff down.
"Your a really good singer. Where did you learn all that stuff from?" I asked.
"Are you actually curious or still trying to get in between my legs?" She asked.
I threw my hands up in defense, "I'm just curious. I mean your goregous and I would love to get between those legs but that's not why I'm here." I said in pure honesty.
" then why are you here mystery man?" She asked sarcasticly.
" Its Michael actually but mystery man does have a ring to it. I want to get to know you." I smiled.
" oh really? " I nodded.
It was quiet for a while, "I taught myself how to sing and play." She said with a sigh.
" wow, that takes a lot of time." I said happy she's actually talking to me.
"Takes years, but I was home school and traveled a lot so I had time." She said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Don't worry about." She said seriously.
"So I have to ask, cause you look like a million dollars but sing at a lounge. Why don't you sing professionally?"
She blushed a bit. Yes!
"Don't desire to. Don't desire the wealth or the fame. I have money, i don't need crap loads of it." She smiled looking at me, god I just melted.
" what do your parents do, i mean you must've been raised with money." I asked, this was the only question left she had to pass.
"Don't worry about it." She said again.
" You are a hard nut to crack." I giggled.
" I'm not an open book." She shrugged.
" I can tell." I replied.
"At least your trying. Points for you." She laughed.
"And where do those points get me ?" I smirked.
"Every 10 points I'll give you a digit of my number, sound good?" She said jokingly.
"Fantastic." I grinned.
"You'll end up being here all night trying to get my number." She laughed to her self.
"Its worth it. "
"Wow, you are really trying!" She laughed.
"Well when I see someone as beautiful as you, i have to try." I smiled.
" Hmm I don't trust you though so." She smiled.
" You should. I wouldn't lead you on to believe anything that isn't true." I smiled.
" So you can look me dead in the face and tell me you are not using me in any type of way?"She asked.
I stood up pinning her against the counter.
"I am not using you. If i just wanted to fuck you i would tell you. I don't lead girls on. I tell them straight up what I want."
"Then what do you want? " She asked.
" to be around you." I answered.
" fine. You have one shot." She said. I smiled.
" okay, so can I have your number? " I asked.
She wrote her number down and gave it to me. I took my phone out calling it. "What are you doing? " She giggled.
" making sure you didn't give me some bogus number." I said. Her phone started ringing. She answered, "Is it bogus?" She asked.
"Thankfully no." I smiled then hanging up.
"Alright Mick, you can go sierra's here. Thanks for staying though. " Carlos said.
"No problem. Well I'll see you guys later." She smiled, Then leaving.
"Can't believe she actually talked to you. " Carlos giggled.
"Why?" I asked.
" for 1 she's just a tough girl to crack and 2 she's hates baseball." He said.
" Why does she hate it so much?" I asked confused.
"Beats me, like you saw she's a tough nut to crack." He said.
"....can we keep my MLB player part on the DL from her.....I really want to go on a date with her." I said.
" sure, but just know what you're getting into. " Carlos said then walking off.
"MIKE DID YOU GET HER NUMBER OR SOMETHING AT LEAST? " Matt hollered.
I waved her number in the air.
"My man! You gonna tap that right!"
"Matt I'm not looking to just fuck her...I'm being serous this time." I said.
" wow, damn mike." Matt said.
" When you gonna call her?" Jon asked.
" Maybe tonight to keep her on her toes but probably tomorrow morning." I replied.
"How'd she do on the test? " Jon asked.
" passed them all, well besides on. She wouldn't tell me what her parents do. But she does not desire wealth or fame." I said baffled.
" are you sure she's not full of shit?" Matt asked.
" I mean I'm not sure but I don't think she's using me for anything. I mean she literally hates baseball. " I said.
" She's gotta go then. No haters. " Matt replied
"Does she know you play for the MLB? " Jon asked. I shook my head "keeping that on the DL for now." I said.
"Don't cause a mess you can't clean up Mike. " Jon said