1986 & 2016 & 1941

"Now you tell us a story, Missy," Lucy smiled and patted the old lady's hand affectionately.

Missy opened her eyes. "That was the story of your life?" She looked confused.

"No, dear. I was just telling you about the man I loved, you asked, remember?"

"Oh...well what the hell ever happened to him?" Missy demanded.

"Yeah, Mom, what happened to him?" Elvira asked eagerly.

"Well..." She blushed faintly and absently smoothed the back of her fingers against her warm cheek. "He's married now, married with three children actually. They live in my old house."

Missy shook her head with a frown, "Shit," she muttered. Elvira snickered; Lucy shot her a look. "Sorry about your luck," Missy surprised her by saying. "I've never had any real luck with men, either...trust me."

"Here, here," Elvira smiled.

"I was a young girl once," Missy smiled at the redheaded teenage. "Kinda free-spirited I would say...oh sometimes I feel so old, I look back on my life and think I've lived three different lifetimes, or...four if you count this imprisonment," she weakly clapped her hands down over her knees.

Lucy gently took one of her hands. "You've lived a very interesting life, I'm sure."

"Are you going to tell us about it?" Elvira spoke up.

"Darling, please," Lucy softly scolded. "Missy should rest -"

"I'll rest when I'm dead," Missy rasped. "Which...probably won't be too long of a wait now, finally," she shook her head, then softly smiled. It looked so sad, Lucy's heart twitched with remorse without even knowing what the old woman was thinking. "I loved two different men in my time and had a daughter with each of them."

"Missy!" Elvira smiled, impressed. "Tell us all about it, don't leave out a gritty, graphic detail," she leaned closer.

Toni and Bobby were sitting on the edge of their Grammy's bed. They had spent the rest of the day and the better part of the night clearing out the office Mom and Dad shared, even Luke had stayed for a few hours and helped them rearrange the furniture and carried a mattress downstairs for them. "Are you sure you don't need anything?" Toni smiled as she held Grammy's hand.

Grammy laughed; her pale blue eyes glittered with amusement. "I'll have you girls know that I'm not used to people making a fuss over me. I'm always the taking care of others. This is so foreign!"

The sisters beamed as they exchanged proud looks. "We're gonna take great care of you, Grammy," Bobby promised. "Don't worry about anything."

"Y'know something?" Grammy smiled.

"What?" They smiled back eagerly.

"While I was packing my things back home, I rediscover some precious memories, and I... I want to share them with you girls," she smiled as she held her hands to their faces. "You are the most beautiful sisters I ever did see, my little darlings." The girls glowed with affection. "I know I hardly ever mention Lily...but I want to tell you about my sister, and myself back in day," she grinned and stared out the window with equal parts contentment and longing. "It never matters how much time passes...it's never easier to go on without her."

The sisters squeezed her hands. "It's okay, Grammy," Bobby told her softly. "You can tell us whatever you want."

"Yeah, whenever you want to."

"Well," she laughed lightly. "I'm practically bed-ridden, I'll have to tell you stories to keep you interested in me!"

"You're always interesting." The sisters promised.