Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

"It's okay, Max... hold on a little longer. We're here, and we're coming for you" I said. El and I grab her hands. We close our eyes and focus on getting inside Max's mind. Now that we're here. The next time we open our eyes, we'll be facing the monster. Just hang in there, Max... we're coming for you.

-Fighting The Monster-

Y/N P.O.V

When I open my eyes, I'm are in Hawkin's gym. I look around the place, and notice that everything is decorated like the Snow Ball. But everything is covered in blood.

"The Snow Ball... looks like it's one of Max's happy memories. But that monster ruins it" I said. I can feel anger growing within me. How dare he ruins Max's happiness. I won't forgive him!

I turn my head as El appears next to me. We give each other a nod and runs forward, trying to find where Max is. I hope she's doing alright. I hope we can save her in time. She's one of the most important people in my life. I won't be able to forgive myself if I failed in saving her life.

We enters the place where the Snow Ball was held. I can see Max. There's a man like creature standing in front of her. His large hand with sharp claw are on Max's face. I can see Max struggling to breathe. I froze dead in my track as I stare at the scene in front of me.

El uses her power and pushes the creature away from Max. I just stare at the creature as it stands up. He turns to look at me and grins wickedly. I stare at the creature as fear slowly building up.

"Y-You..." I said. He let out a chuckle that sounded pure evil. "Ah... Y/N. We meet, at last..." he said. I shake my head. "You've been haunting my dream these whole time" I said. He walks towards me which makes me froze in my spot.

"Yes, Y/N... I'm just showing you which sides you should be on. Come and join me. We can conquer the world together" he said, offering me his hand. I shake my head, taking a few steps away from him.

"No... I would never destroy the world. I love earth and everyone in it" I said. He clicks his tongue at what I said. "Even your bully? Angela, was it? You were so ready to burn her alive. We're so much alike, you know. Join me and let us be free" he said. I shake my head at what he said.

"No... I'm nothing like you" I said. I lift my hand and use my air bending, sending him away from me. He crashes through the bench. I turn to look at El as the two of us rushes over to Max.

Max stares at the two of us with a confused face. She stares at us back and forth. "H-Huh? A-Are you both real? Did I... did I make you?" She said. She starts to pinch both of our cheeks. I turn to look at El and at Max.

"No, Max... we're real. We're really here" I said. El nods her head at what I said. "H-How?" She said. El gently holds her hand. "We piggybacked from a pizza dough freezer" she said. "W-What?" Max said. She still looks confused.

I cover my mouth as I let out a soft laugh. I know I shouldn't be laughing, since we are in a middle of a battle. But I can't help it. I open my mouth to explain to Max what El meant, when I hear a low growl. El and I turn to look at each other.

"Max... stay behind me" I said. She nods her head. I outstretch my hand in a protective manner. The monster walks out of the hole in the benches. He looks really angry. I push Max to stand behind me, so I can protect her better.

"Y/N... you protect Max. I'll handle him" El said. I turn to look at her in shock. "You can't possibly fight him alone!" I said. She turns to look at me. "Believe me... I've fought him once" she said. My eyes widen when I realize what she meant. I turn to look at the creature and gasp. The creature in front of us isn't just any creature... it's 001.

Now it all makes sense. That's why before I see him... all of my nightmare always started with a boy. Before the boy turned into the monster. It was not just any boy... it was Henry Creel or 001. How did he turned from a human into that thing?!

El walks forward and face him. They start to have a duel much like when we were still in the lab. Only, the result of this battle will be death of one of us. I feel Max shaking as she holds onto my arm. I turn to look at her and smile reassuringly.

"I'll protect you, Max" I said. She just nods her head at what I said. Even with my reassurance. She still looks scared. I can't blame her... she's a target of a monster. One wrong move would mean her end. I just turn to focus my attention on the duel between El and 001.

001 throws El away. "El!" I yelled out. 001 turns to look at me. I lift my hand, but because I have fear growing within me... I couldn't focus. 001 took that chance to overpowers me. He lift me with his power and slams me into the wall. I fall on my stomach and everything slowly turns dark.

***

When I wake up, everything surrounding us turns into ruins. It must be the house I've once read. The house of the Creel family. It was filled with cases of murder. Everyone believed that it was habited by a demon. They're right... it was indeed a demon. A demon who was once a boy.

I try to move, but my body is tied up. I struggle to break free, only for the vines to tie me tighter. I wince in pain as it started to slowly wrapped around my throat.

I turn my head and notice Max being dragged by the vines. She's lifted off the ground and tied to the pole. "M-Max..." I choked out. It's hard to move... heck, I can't even breathe. I can't give up. Max is seconds away from death.

What should I do?

*to be continued*