Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

We head to the Pizza place Argyle is working at. He told us that we can get a lot of salts in there. So that is where we're heading. I start nibbling on my thumb nail, feeling anxious and nervous. Just hang in there, Max... we're coming to save you.

-Piggybacking-

Y/N P.O.V

We arrive at the Pizza place. There's a guy standing behind the counter. We can't have her here if we're going to use our powers. Jonathan manage to get the guy to leave by offering him a weed. I didn't even know that he's been smoking weed. Mrs. Byers won't be happy if she ever finds out about it.

Jonathan turns to look at me and realize the stare I'm giving him. "Please don't tell mom..." he said, pleadingly. I let out a sigh and shakes my head. "I don't even know what to say at this point..." I said. He gives me an awkward smile.

"Then say nothing, please? You're the best sister in the whole universe, Y/N. Please just don't tell mom" He said. I sighs and just nod my head. He grins and gives me a quick hug. He heads towards the door and then the sign from Open to Close.

Argyle starts measuring our body, to see if we'd fit the refrigerator. "Yep... they're going to fit. One for each..." he said, gesturing towards two refrigerators. Will helps me prepare myself, by covering a pair of goggles with duct tape.

I'm sitting across from Will as he taped the goggles. I bit my lips as I stare at my hands. Will notices my discomfort and place the goggles aside. He gently places his hands on top of mine. I turn my head to look at him.

"Are you scared, Y/N?" He asked. I let out a sigh and nod my head. "Not gonna lie... I'm pretty scared" I said. He gently rub the back of my hand. "Don't be. You're a strong girl... you can do this. I believe in you" he said, trying to assure me that everything will be alright. I smile softly at him. I jump when Argyle drops a tray of pizza in between us.

I can hear a sound of displeasure. I turn my head slightly to the seats behind me. "What's the matter, Mike?" I asked. "There's pineapples in this pizza!" He protested. I turn to look at the pizza in front of me. There are a few pineapples there.

Will takes the tray and walks towards Mike. He place the tray on their table and gestures me to come over. I comply and take a seat next to El. Argyle's kneeling next to Mike.

"Try before you deny~" he said. I turn to look at El. She turns to me and shrugs her shoulders. She grabs a slice and take a bite. I do the same. I hum softly as the flavor spreads across my mouth.

"Good..." El said. Mike stares at her in disbelief. "It's good?!" He said. I nod my head in agreement at what she said. "Wow... it's the best I've ever tasted. I will never look at pizza the same way again. You have to try this, Mike. This is SO good!" I said. He turns to me and shakes his head.

"You too, Y/N?!" He said, in disbelief. I let out a soft giggle at his reaction. "You have to try it first, Mike. Come on!" I said. El grabs a slice and bring it closer to Mike's face.

"Try before you deny~" she said. I stand up and went around the table, I grab onto his shoulders. "Come on, Mike. Just one bite!" I said. He keeps avoiding being fed, letting out a bunch of protests. I let out a laugh and try my best to get him to at least have a bite.

A While Later

They finally got the sensory deprivation done. I hold the goggles in my hand, standing in front of Will. He leans his forehead against mine. I close my eyes as I try to calm myself down.

Will's hands went up to my cheeks, cupping them in his hands gently. I open my eyes and stares into his eyes. He smiles softly at me, he moves his forehead from mine so he can place a soft kiss.

"You got this, Y/N. I'm sure that you'd be able to defeat that monster" he said. I smile softly at him. Hearing him say that, it brought confidence into my heart. I nod my head at what he said. He smiles at me and leans down, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and gently kisses him back.

I turn to look at El, who's waiting for me. I nod my head. Will gently picks me up and place me inside the water. I place the goggles over my eyes and lay down inside the water. I hear a splash next to me, letting me know that she's doing the same. I close my eyes as I try my best to shut my surroundings.

The next time I open my eyes. I'm standing by a huge bridge. There are people skating around. I flinch when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head and heave out a sigh of relief when I realize it's El.

"Can't you call out to me before you place your hand on my shoulder? Damn... that scares me" I said. She let out a chuckle. We turn our heads to look at the kids around us. I notice a familiar red hair. I point my finger at the girl.

"That have to be Max, right?" I said, turning my head to look at El. She nods her head, agreeing with me. "Now we just have to find a way to go deeper in her mind" she said. I look around the place, trying to see if there's something out of place. I turn to look at the bridge and notice something. I grab El's hand and start walking towards it.

It turns out to be the DJ player. I place my hand on top of it, then everything changes. We're now in a dark room. I turn my head and spotted Max sitting on the floor. She's twitching and shaking, likes she's having a nightmare. I know it's the monster. El and I quickly went to her sides.

"It's okay, Max... hold on a little longer. We're here, and we're coming for you" I said. El and I grab her hands. We close our eyes and focus on getting inside Max's mind. Now that we're here. The next time we open our eyes, we'll be facing the monster. Just hang in there, Max... we're coming for you.

*to be continued*