24-spilled coffee

24| spilled coffee.

You're late today

Jake read once he had his seat- in front of y/n, as she drank her the coffee.

"The road was slippery, so I drove a little more carefully" Jake said- carefully looking at y/n's reaction and facial expressions.

She nodded her head.

She hasn't been to a coffee shop in a while, and drinking coffee was one of her addictions. Nothing feels better than a cup of coffee and a pen to write your thoughts down.

Considering it's the middle of June, the air is humid despite the harshness of the wind which is warm in and of itself, but it makes for a bad combination with the overpowered rain. That doesn't stop y/n though.

Jake watched her as she signed while drinking her coffee- it was the kind of sigh that brings comfort and satisfaction to the thing. She loved coffee.

Jake smiled at her happy face and he couldn't help but add“if by your face now- you love coffee "

There’s an easy smile on her face that may or may not have anything to do with the amount of coffee she’s consumed.

Or it maybe has something to do with the way the warm six pm breeze is caressing her previously scrunched with concern features, pushing her hair away from her eyes that are luckily no longer bloodshot.

Stop looking at me.

She noted down on her paper.

"Why?"

You make me nervous.

Hearing her reply- his heart shouted happiness overload inside of him- and the honesty she was talking with is just impeccable.

He loved her honesty.

Can I ask you something?

Jake watched her write notes down her book, making him nod before she let herself write more her question, the question that didn't leave her mind the moment she had met him.

You do not mind talking to a mute girl?

His expression turned to an angry one, he felt his blood wants to get free from his veins- did she think so low of him? Quickly he tried to hide his expressions from her worrying looks.

"I don't mind talking to you- in fact I do like to talk to you. And you what is important to me." He spoke sincerely.

But you know we can't talk or have a normal conversation.

His mind was screaming- I don't care. If he could shout it out, he would do it.

"We are having a conversation y/n. A normal one."

Silence filled the space between them, the small shattering of the few people inside were the only distraction.

"How did it happen?" He said awkwardly,"I mean you and your voice?"