27- Silent Warmth

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."

William Shakespeare

27| silent warmth

Sunlight gently came through the window in golden shafts. The sun rays peeking from the curtains are the first part of today Jake noticed.

The light dances around the room and gradually increases and night turns into day in the room.

Jake was the one who open-end his eyes first- The light is then followed by the heat. His arms wrapped around her waist which brings her closer to the literal heater while sleeping on him sat- on the floor.

He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he took in his surroundings.

A soft smile formed on his face as he reached his hand out to gently caress y/n's soft skin. He thought she looked like an angel sleeping next to him.

Jake still couldn't believe that she trusted him enough to let him near her when she was in her most vulnerable state, but he was so glad that she did.

He was trying so hard to move you from his arms and put you on her bed; and he succeeded.

Standing up now himself- he didn't know what to do, he was in a stranger house where y/n lived with her father. What should he do? Wait for her until she wakes up-

Jake shaked his head in annoyance, looking back at her- his hands clenched from the anger he felt again when saw the little bruises on her neck, the bruises that she did herself while she was trying to breathe during her panic attack.

He needed to apply something on that.

There he decided to just go and head downstairs where he remembers the living room was located.

Jake heard the cabinet door creaked open, and y/n's father reached for a bowl before closing it with a click. He broke the two eggs on the surface of the counter.

Jake watched him doing his work, he didn't know what to say or how to announce his presence.

"You didn't have a good sleep Jake?" Mister Jimin voiced out as he whisked the eggs, and a rhythmic clink of the fork filled the kitchen as it hit the glass bowl.

"I did mister?"

"Jimin- my name is jimin." Jimin turned his head now to see Jake- he tried to analyzes every feature of him and his eyes couldn't lie that his features screamed a womanizer- but the kind one.

"My daughter hardly trusts anyone- and she trusts you. That's why I trusted you last night with her." Jimin said with a stern voice as he looked at Jake who was feeling suddenly as if he was scolded by his mom when he was five- but still didn't show any of it.

"Thank you." Was all he could say.

Jimin nodded his head before he mentioned for Jake to have a seat- "I actually need some appointments for y/n's bruises." Jake said with hesitation.

"What bruises?" Jimin's head turned to him in worry.

"She actually bruised herself when she was trying to breath." Jake said with sadness filling his voice- every time the memories of her body trembling against him rushed in his mind- his mind and heart started to tremble too as if they were one.

Jimin nodded his head in understanding- it wasn't the first time. As he searched for his medication treatment until he found one and gave it to Jake.

A light groan leaves y/n's parted lips as she barely moves a muscle.

Turning around to get comfortable, the mattress squeaks under her with every move she makes. Her body feels drained and so does her mind. It's like she was exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally befroe she get up and went downstairs.

Once again- the tea kettle whistled. The egg mixture sizzled in the pan, followed by salt and pepper.

"G-good morning." Y/n's voice started them both as they both looked at her with live and adoration- while she looked a little amazed with their reaction.

She looks up at him and a slow smile spreads across his face.

"Good morning," he says, his voice kind of raspy from sleep.

Y/n presses her face into her father's chest and smiles, "Morning." His arms wrap tightly around her and pull her closer. He kisses the top of her forehead softly. "Did you sleep well?" he murmurs.

"A little b-bit." She offered him a small smile.

"Have a seat- and eat your breakfast."

Jimin gestured for her to sit at the table while he flipped the omelet, before Jake gave her the appointments her father gave him as she looked at him in question.

"Apply on your throat- you gave some red marks there." Jake explained as she did so.

A silence shatter was heard afterwards- while everyone focused on the breakfast before them. As if the silence could talk- he will tell that Jake was feeling awkward eating with them.

Silently y/n stood up and started to grab the plates of each one before Jake stood up and helped her- she tried to oppose but he insisted.

"Sir- I will be going, thank you for welcoming me." Jake spoke while the other nodded his head, they both still have work to do and awake will probably be in a very bad situation with the band.

"We will see you again?" Jimin spoke the question that roamed inside of y/n's mind. Jake looked down suddenly, painting sad expressions on his face. "Actually not soon- enough. I will be going to a concert in Los Angeles in the next few days and will have to prepare for it."

Y/n sighed like a slight spring breeze, soft and gentle, almost lost against the words left by Jake.

"Then it's a good-bye?" Jake nodded his head.

"W-wait- I need to give you something." Y/n interrupted them both making Jake frown and nod his head.

Y/n came back in the next minute with a bed where his hoodie and jacket were in. "I f-forgot to give you your jacket that day- thank you." Y/n stuttered as she gave it to him- while he was rewarded with the sound of her voice again.

"No need to thank me. I will see as soon as I can y/n." Jake said to her before looking at her father in confirmation- the other male just smiled at him.

And he left.

Leaving a waiting heart wanting a hug, a warmth. His warmth.

She was sure that she would miss it.

A/N. Share and comment ❤️