02

Trigger Warning: This chapter may contain a scene of rape, teacher raping high school student.

November 27th 2008

Nadia's pov

It's been almost three years since my mom and I moved to Lebanon, Kansas. I am sixteen years old, a junior in high school, I'm supposed to be a junior but I had to repeat 7th grade because I transferred a little late in the year and had to restart 7th grade of which I'm okay with.

Since the move, I haven't been bullied since.

After the move, my abilities have calmed down, I haven't clawed anyone's face but I can still hear people's thoughts.

I made some friends; Candice, Dani, Jill, who's my first friend, she was held back too. I am on the cheerleading squad with them.

Hell, I have two guy friends named Steve and Colt. However, they do not know my secret, which is a plus.

I'm at a basketball game, cheering for the boys with some of the girls on my cheer squad.

Dani, the captain of the squad, is also my best friend. We just cheer every time our boys shoot a point.

Everyone cheered as we sat down to watch the game. "So Nadia, what do you think of Darren Hicks?" she asked.

"Um, not sure. I mean, he's cute but he and Jill are taking a break, They'll be back together," I said.

"True that. I hope Jill's doing okay after Mr. Beviss scared her the other day," she said. I nodded, sighing.

I know what happened to Jill, but I promised Jill that I wouldn't tell what Mr. Beviss did to her.

"I gotta go to the restrooms, I'll be right back," I said, putting my pom-poms down. "Hurry back or I'll find you," she said, smiling.

"Oooh I'm scared," I said, leaving the gym. I headed to the girls' bathroom that's near my locker.

Three Minutes Later

I finished doing my business in the rest rooms. I washed up my hands, drying them off.

I threw the paper towel in the trash. I left the restrooms as I heard a thud sound.

I turned my head, looking around. I stopped by the corner.

"Hello?" I asked. No response. I turned the corner, looking.

I don't see anyone except the wind making a tree branch hit the window.

I sighed in relief, turning around. I gasped as I saw Mr. Beviss. "Oh, my Miss Roussell, are you okay?" Mr. Beviss asked.

"Hi, Mr. Beviss, yeah, I thought I heard a thud sound, but it was the wind blowing the tree branch against the window," I said.

"Oh, I thought I scared you," he said. "No no, you didn't," I said, chuckling.