033

Nadia's pov

Dean and I stopped at the diner where I used to do school work. My friend Jill still works here.

"Nice and warmer here," I said. "Yes it is," he said, taking my coat off.

"How many? Nadia?" Jill asked. "Oh my gosh, Jill," I said, hugging.

She hugged me back. "I haven't seen you in almost over a year," she said.

"It's been a while," I said. "Yes it has. So Is it just you two?" Jill asked.

"Just two," I said, smiling. "Sweet," she said. "You remember Dean?" I asked.

"Yes, Agent Osbourne. I remember him," she said. "Yes but it's just Dean today," he said.

I notice that Jill doesn't like him. Jill took us to a table. Dean and I sat down across from each other.

"May I start with drinks," Jill said. "Just a coffee, black," Dean said.

"My usual expresso," I said, smiling. "Coming up," Jill said, walking away.

"Expresso? Fancy," he said, smiling. "It's what I always get when I come here to study during lunch hour while I was still in high school," I said.

"You never ate in the school's cafeteria?" he asked. "Only freshman year. School's food is nasty," I said.

"Agreed. Growing up Sammy and I used to jump from school to school as a kid to teenager, I only left during lunch hours to make out with girls," he said.

"When was the last time you kissed a girl in high school?" I asked. "Truman High School in 1997. I rather not talk about it," he said.

"Oh ouch. Is it bad?" I asked. "It was," he said. "Yeah, good thing I dropped out," he said.

"You also dropped out of high school?" I asked. "I did but I got a GED," he said.

"I did as well. I got my GED after I dropped out," I said."Why did you drop out?" he asked.

"Lebanon High decided to put a memorial for Mark Beviss. I couldn't handle my school making a memorial for a rapist and a pervert," I said.

Dean nodded. "That's understandable," he said. "My mom wasn't happy that I dropped out but she understood why," I said.

"That's good. Do you remember your revenge on Mark Beviss?" he asked. "Like it was yesterday. I don't want to talk about that here," I said.

Dean nodded. "You can tell me back in the Bunker," he said. I nodded. Jill came back with our coffees.

"Here you both go. I added a shot of espresso in your coffee. If that's okay?" Jill asked. "It's all good, thank you," Dean said.

"Are you two ready to order?" she asked. "I'll get a veggie burger with mayo and fries," I said.

Jill writes it down. "How about you, Dean?" she asked.

"Bacon cheese burger with onions and fries," he said. Jill writes it down.

"Okay, I'll put that in right now," she said, walking away. "She's totally different," Dean said.

"Yes, after I killed Darren Hicks, she's happier and she dyed her hair red and never wanted to be blonde again," I said.

Dean nodded. "She's single and hasn't dated since Darren," I said. "Was he abusive towards her?" he asked.

"He was emotionally, physically and verbally abusive to Jill. Even belittled her about her and controlled everything she does and wasn't allowed to be around my friends unless he was around," I said.