Origins, Part 2

Author's Note: I'm thinking that it's about time for another 4000 word chapter for all of you guys! Happy reading!

Alexander followed the Samurai Rangers into the common room of the Shiba house, joining the circle of sitting rangers.

"So...Now what," Mike asked.

"I guess we all already did introductions, didn't we," Emily responded with a shy smile.

"Everyone but you," Mia turned everyone's attention to Alexander.

"I'm Alexander," He introduced himself curtly.

"She means what color, man," Mike said, "Last I checked, there weren't six Samurai Rangers."

"There hasn't been for over a century," Alexander answered, thankful that he did some research on his newfound ranger life, "The sixth was banished for heretical ideas."

"A Ronin," Kevin asked.

"Eventually, she became one," Alexander responded, "She believed that the Samurai Rangers should be more inclusive in their recruitment."

"How so," Mia was curious.

"She didn't want to marry, to have kids, so she requested to find a new ranger to pass the samuraizer to," Alexander explained, "Someone outside Japan. Outside their continent, even."

"The courage that must have taken," Kevin wondered aloud.

"She was banished and ultimately was felled by a nighlock. Using the last bit of her symbol power, she sent the samuraizer away until it was needed again."

"What was her name," Emily asked.

"I'll let you know when I find it," He looked at the blonde, "They practically erased her from the Samurai records."

"That's awful," Mia breathed.

"It's the past," Alexander finished, "To answer your question, Mike, she--and I guess me--are the shadow ranger."

"You're not planning on being a heretic, are you," Mike asked, gathering a collection of looks, "Kidding! Kidding. Glad we've got you."

Alexander nodded.

"You were a ranger all along," Emily spoke again, looking back at Alexander.

For a split second, Alexander thought she'd somehow figured out about his Dino Thunder days before remembering the morning at the café.

"What do you mean," Ji asked.

"Remember how I said some people saw the attack earlier," Alexander looked at the mentor.