Jayden's Challenge

Author's Note:

We're back! Sorry for the hiatus, but I'm back from my work trip and rearing to write. This chapter is gonna start out a bit quick, but I think you'll like what comes further on.

I know the title is 'Jayden's Challenge,' but there's not too much of Jayden focus on this one. Let me know if you want me to stick with writing what Alexander sees and the surrounding environment, or if you want me to include all of the other Rangers' private interactions.

Over 6500 words for you amazing readers! Happy reading!

"Worried about him, too," Alexander asked Ji, standing beside the Samurai mentor as he stared into the distance.

"Too," Ji asked, "Do you think Dekker will attack? Can Jayden handle it?"

"I've fought Dekker, and I've fought Jayden. I don't like his odds."

Ji jolted at that, "You don't think Jayden can win?"

"Did you teach him to kill," Alexander countered, "I'll make a call. I think I know how to find him."

"And what about while he's not here?"

"We'll act when we need to. Business as usual," Alexander cracked his neck, "I'm going for a run."

He ran the route by the fox shrine again, stopping to call Hayley and answer a question nagging at his brain.

"Hey, buddy," Hayley's chipper tone reached his ears, "How's Mia?"

"Not touching that one," Alexander pinched the bridge of his nose, "I need another favor."

The redhead giggled as she rolled to her computer, "Don't worry, buddy, I'll help you pick out a suit for the wedding."

"Can you find Jayden," Alexander ignored her, "He ran off to fight a nighlock and didn't tell his team."

"Easy," She typed furiously, "So, have you found out her ring size yet?"

"What has Kira been saying, exactly?"

"That the two of you are absolutely adorable...And that you didn't see her get pictures of you two at her show."

"And she wants me to help her with her songs," He mused.

"I don't know, Sparkplug, you two are pretty cute," Hayley smiled at the pictures Kira had sent her on her desktop.

She'd gotten a few pictures of Alexander and Mia standing beside each other. Mia was hugging his side, her head on his shoulder, and his arm was across her shoulders, hand on her head.