seven.

'even though i know it's not so distant, oh no i still wanna reminisce it'

THEY HAD BARELY DENTED THE DURATION OF THE TRIP WHEN most of the avengers ended up drifting off to sleep. Another quirk Wanda Maximoff, the ever observant, had recognised amongst her team. She couldn't blame them though, the comforting lull of the jet could put anyone to sleep in minutes.

Honestly, she had held out for longer than the rest of them, drifting off around five hours in, her mind swirling as they swooped through the air, and she leaned into the warm touch wrapped around her waist. Her eyes drooped, and she barely recognised herself drifting out of consciousness as her head lolled against Loki's shoulder. He tugged her closer, letting her tuck her face into the crook of his neck as he adjusted his arm to wrap tighter around her.

He didn't know why, but it was the protective spark in him that seemed to set ablaze whenever she was asleep. It was the layer of vulnerability you'd cover yourself with when you were unconscious, it was letting all your barriers fall as you recollected. And maybe it was just that alone, the defenseless nature of it that sought out the irrational need to protect her in him. Maybe it was irrational. Maybe he didn't care anyways. No, he decided, no he didn't.

He leaned his chin on the top of her head, gently leaning them both against the chair as he slouched, hand absent-mindedly tracing patterns on her side. The God didn't miss the way the spiderboy sent them glances every few seconds, and eventually, he maneuvered Wanda slightly so he could look over at the younger man.

"Hello," he said simply, and Peter startled at the sudden noise.

"Hi," he reciprocated, gently closing his laptop, resting his arms on it as he felt the cold kiss of its top.

"You look.. interested?" Loki tried, and Peter bristled, a sheepish look falling upon his face as he realised the God had caught his glances towards the two. There wasn't any malice in his tone though, maybe a slightly accusing tinge, but mostly it remained questioning.

"Sorry," he smiled awkwardly, "I've just, never seen her look that relaxed I guess."

Loki brushed away how the words affected him, not allowing them to come to the surface, but he assumed the boy had watched the glint in his eye despite it. It was hard to push away the pride blooming in his chest at that, he had made someone feel comfortable around him? Around the man who had attempted to take over earth? His stomach swooped slightly, and that was all it took to shake him back awake.

What was he even doing. It shouldn't have hit him this hard, it wasn't even that big of a deal, and with that he brushed it off moodily. He didn't care about it. Nope.

She shivered, the air conditioning blasting towards her and she instinctively hitched a breath and curled herself further against him, relishing in his body heat as she slumped against his chest.