sixteen.

' and im thinkin' about your lips, but we're too damn sober for mistakes like this '

"ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU'RE OKAY?" Loki questioned for what must've been the fifth time within ten minutes, his hand ghosting up and down her arm in a comforting motion

"ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU'RE OKAY?" Loki questioned for what must've been the fifth time within ten minutes, his hand ghosting up and down her arm in a comforting motion. It was sweet, and it felt like his words cast a protective bubble around her whenever he spoke them, a simple utterance of 'are you okay' that held the warmth of an embrace. But by the fifth time, it was getting tiring.

Turning to him, Wanda raised a hand to his cheek, catching him slightly off guard as he furrowed his brow. He recovered from it quickly, raising his own to press her hand closer before tilting his head to press a gentle kiss to her palm. He knew it soothed her, just the simple caress of her hand, which she had only associated with the destruction strung along with her powers. The hands that only ever reminded her of the burning red energy that threatened to tear her life apart. That did tear her life apart. But like the lightning to her thunder, he always managed to soften her jagged edges with a simple kiss to her palm, or rubbing circles on the back of her hand. It served as a reminder that not everyone was afraid of her, and that not everyone saw her as a ticking time bomb.

He wasn't afraid of her. And to Wanda, it meant the world.

"Loki."

"Darling."

"Calm down, I'm fine"

Releasing a breath, he rolled his eyes stubbornly, opening his mouth as if to complain again and probably continue to insist that she rests or lets him carry her the rest of the way. She silenced him with a soft kiss, her other hand coming up to hold the other side of his face whilst his arms instinctively wrapped around her waist almost protectively.

She pulled away with a smile so bright that it lit up her entire face, her face shining as her eyes crinkled with mirth and she dropped her hands. Returning her smile, he reached up one hand from where it was around her waist to cradle her cheek, his cool touch soothing against her cheek.

"I made you shut up."

"Oh, so you have ulterior motives behind your affection now, hm? I see how it is," he droned with faux offence, kissing his teeth. It drew out a soft giggle from the witch, scrunching her nose at his antics. He adored her little nose scrunch, he wasn't one for flashy shows of affection, but that simple expression from her could be enough to convince him to whisk her into his arms. It was adorable.

"Jesus, don't do the nose thing. You're gonna make me have to go beat the life out of a stone," he warned, his protective instinct flaring up almost instantly.

"No complaints from me," she hummed, inspecting the slash on her palm which she had almost forgotten about by now, "Hurts to use my powers because of that stupid mind stone- I think the adrenaline has worn off."