ten.

' im the king and your the queen and we can stumble through heaven '

TW- mentions of depression and self harm, if you struggle with any of these, please reach out to someone and know you are loved

TAP, TAP, TAP. Her ring adorned knucles wrapped incessantly against the bottom of the table, tracing her thumb over its material. The morning after their whole outer-planet fiasco, the half of the team back in the compound spent their hours anxiously awaiting the others arrival. Wanda, particularly, was not at peace with the idea of her teams being on a desolate planet, alone, with the looming chance of something happening to Thor and leaving them with no way out.

Groaning, she pressed two fingers to her temple, drawing gentle circles in attempt to soothe her growing headache. When it proved unsuccessful, she dropped her hand, bringing it around her cup as she sipped the last bit of tea from it. She hadn't received any news yet, but she assumed that Fury would give the team time to rest before having a meeting to plan what they'd do moving forward. But the unknown was worrying her more than she'd care to admit.

The door clicked open behind her, and she turned toward it instinctively as a soft smile fell over her lips.

"Hey, Sharon," she greeted, gesturing to the chair in front of her. The blonde waved her off gracefully, instead leaning against a cabinet near the door.

"Wans, Fury says he wants to speak to you, something about some of our agents?"

The words 'Fury wants to speak with you' honestly never sounded positive to Wanda Maximoff, and she'd always had an.. unsteady air around the man. It wasn't that she was afraid, but maybe a bit intimidated. However, any trace of intimidation was drained from her face this time, with a wave of worry crashing over her. Oh God, was it about the team? If they weren't okay, she wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Nodding stiffly, she managed to force out a murmured thanks to the agent, before gluing her eyes to the door ahead of her. She was halted by a hand gently grasping her forearm, and she turned to it quizzically.

"Don't stress so much, you'll be fine," Sharon reassured, and Wanda forced out a smile, placing a hand on hers as she nodded. Releasing the hand, she let the woman's words properly sink in, and allowed some of the tension to seep from her muscles. It'll be fine-It'll be fine- It'll be fine-

"Miss Maximoff, please take a seat," a deep male voice offered, but it wasn't Fury- Ha, no.

It was Secretary Ross.

"I'd rather stand," she drawled out, narrowing her eyes ever so slightly, as if to not be noticed. Fury was intimidating, yeah, but he didn't have quite the same amount of power as Ross. Fury couldn't, and by now, probably wouldn't, kick her off the team, but Ross? He could shut it down as a whole. The world needed saving.