fifteen.

' im only a fool for you, and maybe you're too good for me, im only a fool for you'

"MASTER, NEVER SHOULD I DOUBT YOUR EVERLASTING knowledge, but how have you uncovered the knowledge of a stone being here?"

Stepping forth, the man looked at his child with a wise glint in his eyes, tilting his head. "You are smart not to doubt me, Corvius," he responded after a beat of silence, glancing up to the cloudy skies as he inhaled deeply.

Seemingly taking the hint, Corvius simply nodded and stood to attention, awaiting for his next order, his next command. Instead, his master turned to look at his followers, standing tall and proud.

"Corvius has asked a wise question. You are not to doubt me, that is a given, but staying inquisitive is important," he weaved between his followers as he spoke, boots firmly thudding against the smooth grounds of Xandar.

"Follow me, children, for there is something you should see," he spoke as he lead them a few metres away, his followers following hot on his heels.

Using one of his boots, he scraped away an odd patch of rock from the land, continuing to graze it as a shape appeared beneath. Once all the debris had been mostly cleared away, the image seared into the ground was unmistakable, a sign left behind by a previous visitor. A visitor who surely was also looking for a stone. A visitor who likely did not find it.

Inscribed in the blue tinged floors of Xandar, was the marks of the Bifrost.

Thanos grinned widely.

"Looks like our Avengers have joined the race."

"DANGEROUS? You thought it was better to hide him from me? Don't bullshit me, Fury, I am not that stupid," Wanda seethed through her clenched teeth, accent deeper as the anger seeped out of her.

Sighing, Fury sat down in defeat after yet another attempt at explaining which proved to be trivial. Glancing up tiredly, he looked at Loki and gestured towards Wanda, as if telling him to do something. Loki was not one to listen to Fury, or any authority that is, but he did suppose all this anger probably wasn't good for her. She clearly saw the motion, but didn't turn to acknowledge the deity sat behind her.

Hesitantly, Loki stood up, reaching out an arm as he began, "Darling, maybe you shou-" He was cut off abruptly by Wanda with,

"Sit down, Loki."

He conceded without protest.

Fury glowered at Loki for a second, but there was something amused in his gaze. He had never seen the God of Mischief fold to someone's demands so quickly. Despite it, he returned his gaze to Wanda with a sigh.