nine.

' oh baby i am a wreck when im without you, i need you here to stay '

THE TEAM SPRUNG INTO ACTION almost immediately, shaky hands gripping weapons, aiming them towards the air as it spewed with bolts of red energy. Not her red. Dark, angry red. Blood red.

She challenged it with her own scarlet, sending hexes up towards it in a furious attempt to gather it. It slithered and wriggled like a snake out of her grasp, squeezing through the gaps in her whisps of energy as it emerged back into the atmosphere. Cursing, she sent another rope of energy flying towards it, only to be swiped onto the ground.

"WANDA," a yell rung behind her as she lifted up onto her now scraped knees, cringing as energy erupted from her bloodied hands. The rough ground had effectively sliced her skin, but she grit her teeth through the pain, demanding her power out.

Noticing she had gotten up, Loki allowed himself to relax slightly, but the rage thrumming in his blood seemed to fortify itself as he sent sharper bolts of energy towards the sky. Enraged, it shot back, shaking the ground with its wrath as it erupted through the cracks in the ground.

The team jumped, and Wanda bit back a surprised scream as she stumbled backwards ever so slightly.

"Sam? Oh God, SAM," that had come sooner than she'd liked it. Whipping her head around, she observed the sight of Natasha and Steve towering over Sam who clutched his side, lying on the rough ground. Another red blast whirled right besides her head, and she almost squealed. Instead, she lifted a hand up next to her head, casting a barrier behind her as she approached the group.

"Take him back to the house," she managed to strain through clenched teeth, her scarlet shield pusling stronger as it was blasted again. It deflected the energy, and Loki jumped out of the way. Her heart sprung to her throat, God, that was too close. Her teammates nodded at her request, but she was too distracted to notice it, and they began to carry a distraught Sam back to the house.

Wanda and Loki immediately provided cover, she stood directly in front of them, not allowing for her shield to drop, but removing one hand and instead using it to fire at the red from a different angle. Loki stood slightly apart from her, eyes flitting to the witch every now and again as he quenched the urge to shield her himself.

As soon as they surpassed the threshold, Wanda swung the door shut after seeing Loki's adamant nod of affirmation. Honestly, she didn't want to leave him out there alone, it terrified her more than she'd like to admit, but he didn't need protection as much as her team did right now.

She let her red focus on holding the door shut firmly, but it shook and trembled despite it.

"We can't stay here," she breathed out, "It'll reach us too easily."