9.

"Oh look!" I call out pointing a few feet ahead of us.

"Strange place for a chair."

I walk up to it and start checking it out.

It's just a regular office chair?

"Hey wait." James walks behind me and taps my shoulder.

I move out of the way and he lifts the chair up, turning it over before dropping it back on the ground.

"What's that?"

I clutch both sides of my camera and start recording James and the random chair. James rips off the white piece of paper from the bottom of the seat. I zoom in to see what it says.

Its a drawing.

"The hell is that?" I watch his eyebrows furrow. It was crumpled with several rips on the edges. It read,

"There's more?"    
James finishes my internal sentence.

The image had a person running towards a black square with a ladder underneath. But there was a black figure behind the person and it was crossed out. James turns his head to look at me. He opens his mouth, and I anticipate what he's going to say until a noise from behind screeches loudly.

That doesn't sound human at all.

I could feel the large steps it was taking, the vibrations in the floor were getting closer.

"Shit, we should run!" I yell.

The terrifying screeching left my body scattered with goosbumps. Without wasting any time, James and I begin to run, still trying to stay on our assigned path.
I was still marking the walls mid run but the circles gradually turned into messy lines. The noise behind me was becoming deafeningly loud. I can't help but feel the urge to look at it.

I turn my head to look at what we were so desperately running from.

You're fucking shitting me.

I let out a loud scream.

I saw it. I saw it!

It looked just like the picture but it was so real, so tall, and creepy. Hearing my scream, James turns around, still running, and I see his eyes widen.

"Shit!" He yells we both start running faster, I can feel my adrenaline levels getting higher. Every second that passes, I try to find as much air as I can.

We keep running for what seems like forever and it's like the thing has only gotten closer. I hold my camera again, stopping it from hitting my chest as I sprint. I spot something on the wall in the distance and I point out to it.

"James, do you see that?!" He looks to where I'm pointing, and he squints.

"An arrow!" We make it to the scribbled arrow on the wall, not even stopping we proceed in the direction of the arrow.

"Fuck!" My hands instinctively cover my ears. The sound waves from that thing are so loud, that I can feel its voice ringing inside my head.

"Another arrow Y/n!" We pass it and keep running, my legs feel like their going to give out soon.

I look back once more.

That thing must've gotton confused with how many turns we were taking but it was still close, just not in sight from behind us anymore. We enter a bigger place, it has no more hallways or paths but I see the black square.

Just like the picture! It's a vent!

"Head to that ladder!" My speed starts deteriorating but I force myself to keep running. I run so fast I almost stumble from abruptly stopping. We make it to the ladder, and I instantly start climbing.

"Go, go." James pushes me up and I crawl into this black vent. I crawl forward quickly, so James can get in too. By now, that creature is the loudest its ever been.

I turn around to get a good look at it. My pupils dilate in shock. The way its built, the way it looks, the way it sounds.

But,
It can't get in.

Its just there hitting the wall, screaming. I quickly crawl deeper into the vent, so that James and I can get farther away from its screeching.

"Y/n." James croaks, I turn to him, he's holding his ear but he pulls out a flashlight from my boot and raises it toward me.

"Right." I grab it swiftly and turn the light on. It's such a tight space, the flashlight illuminates a good distance ahead of me. After a minute of crawling, the screams are like whispers, it must've gone somewhere else.